Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3588 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2018, 13:51
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Nov 15, 2018, 20:42
Captain Starlet wrote:
I live in Wales, we're not even mentioned, which should give some sort of indication.

That might be because Wales is part of the UK and does not have a land border with a EU country. I hear the SNP are winging away along similar lines too ... someone really ought to look up the word UNITY. I've done worrying about the environment when the people who jump up and down all drive cars and take long haul flight holidays. I've done worrying about the growth in population - let people move freely, let our precious green spaces be built on with hundreds of dreary unaffordable houses only accessible by car. All those toilets being flushed a hundred times a day by thousands of people moving freely (no pun intended) while our rivers run dry. And I've done worrying about Brexit - Teresa May has my sympathy.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 12:13
Neither does Scotland but they were mentioned a number of times!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 14:26
I hope you're just having a bad day June. All of this matters.
Locodogz
Locodogz
265 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 16:37
To be fair whilst I despair of the farce that is Brexit - this is something of a red herring IMHO

It's a UK negotiation - N.I. features extensively purely due to the peculiarity of it's land border with the EU!

Oxford - where I am - was staunchly remain, but wasn't specifically mentioned either.....!!!!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 17:54
Oxford isn't a country.
nigelswift
8065 posts

U-Know as a free space.
Nov 18, 2018, 09:57
Crumbs! "The problem with U-know is the one-sideness of the issues, Brexit till we are all sick of it, and then fox-hunting as the ultimate cruelty, when there are other issues of absolute cruelty"

I have a personal hatred of Brexit as it will make so many people poorer and I have a particular dislike of fox hunting cruelty as it's so deliberate. So I guess I'll continue to go on about it here ad some people's nauseam and others are welcome to go on about other stuff as long as they like. It's a free forum, hurrah, not a controlled one......
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Re: U-Know as a free space.
Nov 18, 2018, 10:55
nigelswift wrote:
Crumbs! "The problem with U-know is the one-sideness of the issues, Brexit till we are all sick of it, and then fox-hunting as the ultimate cruelty, when there are other issues of absolute cruelty"

I have a personal hatred of Brexit as it will make so many people poorer and I have a particular dislike of fox hunting cruelty as it's so deliberate. So I guess I'll continue to go on about it here ad some people's nauseam and others are welcome to go on about other stuff as long as they like. It's a free forum, hurrah, not a controlled one......

It's your thread, you knock yourself out with it! Personally I think it's one of the more 'balanced' discussions I've had over this debacle which has cost me a very good job and created huge amount of difficulties finding new work, not to mention created decisions within friends and family. For me that alone makes it not worth it.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Nov 18, 2018, 11:32
You shouldn't encourage me! I'm sorry you lost your job. What pees me off is that every pro-Brexit member of the Cabinet is a millionaire who won't suffer at all and in fact will be greatly enriched if their wealth is in gold whereas a massive number of car workers will lose their jobs and see their house prices plummet. It's a terrible story that one day historians will document with amazement.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Nov 18, 2018, 12:01
It's getting worse when you read about Banks and the Russian and american alleged collusion. If it's proven then it's gut wrenching that these people aren't being investigated.

I was arguing online the other day with some people here in Wales who think it's going to be the best thing ever, think food banks are just another step from ration books and still think that we're getting £350mn a week extra for the NHS.

This is all so unavoidable.

And jeremy fucking corbyn STILL won't support a people's vote!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Nov 18, 2018, 12:19
Did you see him on Sky this morning? Terrible. I get it he thinks the EU is a damaging capitalist plot but surely our home grown capitalists are far more ruthless? Let's face it, the man of principle is just scrabbling for power.
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 125 26 27 28 29 30 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index