Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: U-Know as a free space.
Nov 19, 2018, 12:11
Yes, all that racism is going to feed families for years, never mind jobs and having money to buy food!

Not the first time she's done this, the 'go home' vans were a rather distasteful touch.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 12:13
Precisely. Was having an argument with a friend the other week (we argue a lot) and he can't wait to have a blue passport. He was a bit pissed off when I told him it was the uk govt that decided on the maroon colour and even more pissed when I told him his lovely blue passport will be made in France!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 12:28
What sort of effing nationalism makes you want a particular coloured passport? Didn't my namesake write about a war over which end of an egg should be opened?!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 12:32
Distasteful? We'd have said worse than that if they were being driven round Marseilles or Moscow or Dallas, in fact anywhere.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 12:50
nigelswift wrote:
But being STILL sniped at:
"Okay apologies to those delicate toes I might have stepped on", and
"Here I am going to quote Grufty Jim because that sliding scale should really push a lot of hot air down the scale"

That's NOT going to discourage me from having opinions about Brexit and expressing them. Lord I've been insulted a hundred times worse by someone else previously on this forum for opposing what's happening and not expressing warm congratulating to both May and Trump. (True.)

Todays instalment is the PM blowing the racist dog whistle as a desperate attempt to get support for her agreement. As I've said before, it was the racists wot made all the difference in 2016 and it's a fair bet it will work again. Blow economics, too complicated, let's "take control of our immigration policy", that's what REALLY matters to the crucial portion of the swing voters.

For goodness sake Nigel, don't take everything personally, and come out and talk to me as Moss. Sick of this feud you have wrapped around yourself, will it go on forever? This I know, if I want to say something, I shall say it and not be intimidated from now on.

Peace.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 13:18
Moss, I WAS at peace until you said what you said.

I didn't respond to your thread as I didn't want to have a direct confrontation.

I did feel justified in making my feelings clear on this one that anyone has a perfect right to be obsessed with anything. I'm mad about butterflies and moths personally despite them being relatively inconsequential.

To paraphrase Oscar, I take very little personally except personal attacks. And not often even then. I like rhinos because I have a similar hide.

Peace is restored.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 14:43
A nation that demands a red, white and blue brexit apparently! The utter nonsense I've heard over the past three years has been astonishing. People are literally trying to rewrite history!
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Nov 19, 2018, 15:29
I demand my straight bananas......!?!?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Too subtle !
Nov 21, 2018, 06:58
Theresa May Verified account @theresa_may

This isn’t about party politics, this is about what matters for this country, it is about what is in the national interest, that’s what I’m determined to deliver. A deal that’s good for the people of this country.

Max @SpillerOfTea

This arsegaping clusterfuck only popped into existence as a result of your predecessor’s attempts to quell the petty ideological infighting between the various shades of bastard in your party, you disingenuous shitflake.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

And end to Freedom of Movement
Nov 21, 2018, 09:53
I realise there's a lot of UK folks have a deep-rooted problem with immigration (something Brexit really threw into sharp-relief).

But even those of you for whom that's the case, you must admit that Theresa May's constant (and clearly triumphalist) bragging about how she is "finally ending Freedom of Movement" and preventing EU citizens "jumping the queue" is just plain horrible.

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of the British media (and indeed the 52%) if Donald Tusk and Claude Juncker were to hold regular press-conferences in which, grinning, they delightedly assured the people of Europe than we can now relax having ended Freedom of Movement for the British on our continent. Imagine them sneering at British "queue-jumpers" retired in Spain (or just working hard in Germany).

The UK would *rightly* be appalled at that kind of attitude.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 121 22 23 24 25 26 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index