Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 119 20 21 22 23 24 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2018, 15:08
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Nov 14, 2018, 15:08
I'm surprised that Ireland have supported it, unless May just gave up and said ok to whatever. It's kind of strange to see many remainers and leavers all agreeing in wanting this to fail.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 14, 2018, 16:10
Well, it's tough to know whether to be surprised or not without knowing what the deal actually says yet.

But if Ireland signed up then it basically just means that the original Northern Ireland backstop is in the final text. Lest we forget, that's the one May agreed to in December 2017... then disavowed in February 2018... then agreed to again in March 2018... then said "no Prime Minister could sign up to it" a couple of months after that...

Once that's in the document then Ireland is happy (or as happy as we're going to be about this fecking shambles).

But that in turn makes it hard to see how the DUP or the ERG will be.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 15, 2018, 08:38
I live in Wales, we're not even mentioned, which should give some sort of indication.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2018, 13:51
Nov 15, 2018, 20:42
Captain Starlet wrote:
I live in Wales, we're not even mentioned, which should give some sort of indication.

That might be because Wales is part of the UK and does not have a land border with a EU country. I hear the SNP are winging away along similar lines too ... someone really ought to look up the word UNITY. I've done worrying about the environment when the people who jump up and down all drive cars and take long haul flight holidays. I've done worrying about the growth in population - let people move freely, let our precious green spaces be built on with hundreds of dreary unaffordable houses only accessible by car. All those toilets being flushed a hundred times a day by thousands of people moving freely (no pun intended) while our rivers run dry. And I've done worrying about Brexit - Teresa May has my sympathy.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 12:13
Neither does Scotland but they were mentioned a number of times!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 14:26
I hope you're just having a bad day June. All of this matters.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 16:37
To be fair whilst I despair of the farce that is Brexit - this is something of a red herring IMHO

It's a UK negotiation - N.I. features extensively purely due to the peculiarity of it's land border with the EU!

Oxford - where I am - was staunchly remain, but wasn't specifically mentioned either.....!!!!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 16, 2018, 17:54
Oxford isn't a country.
nigelswift
8112 posts

U-Know as a free space.
Nov 18, 2018, 09:57
Crumbs! "The problem with U-know is the one-sideness of the issues, Brexit till we are all sick of it, and then fox-hunting as the ultimate cruelty, when there are other issues of absolute cruelty"

I have a personal hatred of Brexit as it will make so many people poorer and I have a particular dislike of fox hunting cruelty as it's so deliberate. So I guess I'll continue to go on about it here ad some people's nauseam and others are welcome to go on about other stuff as long as they like. It's a free forum, hurrah, not a controlled one......
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: U-Know as a free space.
Nov 18, 2018, 10:55
nigelswift wrote:
Crumbs! "The problem with U-know is the one-sideness of the issues, Brexit till we are all sick of it, and then fox-hunting as the ultimate cruelty, when there are other issues of absolute cruelty"

I have a personal hatred of Brexit as it will make so many people poorer and I have a particular dislike of fox hunting cruelty as it's so deliberate. So I guess I'll continue to go on about it here ad some people's nauseam and others are welcome to go on about other stuff as long as they like. It's a free forum, hurrah, not a controlled one......

It's your thread, you knock yourself out with it! Personally I think it's one of the more 'balanced' discussions I've had over this debacle which has cost me a very good job and created huge amount of difficulties finding new work, not to mention created decisions within friends and family. For me that alone makes it not worth it.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 119 20 21 22 23 24 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index