Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 118 19 20 21 22 23 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: How can Corbyn not react?
Nov 04, 2018, 21:16
I know, I'm genuinely baffled that people haven't actually guessed that this is a wet dream come true for him!

Interesting thing I heard the other week was that there could be a leadership challenge at some point, but people suggesting from John McDonnell of all people!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 06, 2018, 08:23
Not sure I could bring myself to vote Labour again unless they change rapidly. Remain now has an 8% lead https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-05/new-poll-indicates-u-k-would-now-vote-to-remain-in-eu?utm_medium=social&utm_content=brexit&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 06, 2018, 12:11
The comments on Corbyn's twitter when he announced he was in Geneva commemorating something from 20 years ago instead of standing with his supporters and Labour party members spoke volumes. He's shot himself in the foot seriously now, and really lost any chance of a labour victory on the GE which they're trying to push for! A disingenuous approach to push brexit through while conning the people they're still representing them.

I'll never vote Labour again, here in Wales they're basically the tories, Plaid are now uk labour, so I've literally no one to vote for here, unless I stand and vote for myself!

It's great that the MSM are finally realising that people aren't supporting this car crash, sadly those in power don't give a shit!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 06, 2018, 12:47
Maybe if the proposed Lib/lab/Con new party of Remainers https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1040518/brexit-news-latest-remained-ops-new-party-brexit-deal-european-union if formed will convince Labour it can't win
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 06, 2018, 18:19
I don't think any new party would be able to stop A50 but could be a way forward for many of the disenfranchised in those parties, assuming they overcome their political differences and put workable policies forward that is.

I'm always amazed when they go on about a snap GE assuming they're going to win. In pretty much all polls they're trailing the tories, which speaks volumes in itself.

Living in Wales since losing my job due to the EU ref I've had a lot of time to think about things, one of the things I have found very interesting is the independence movements in Scotland and Wales. One thing the quitters didn't plan for was the potential break up of the uk. Scotland will get another ref if we leave the EU and next time the uk govt can't use the excuse that we're "stronger together" within the EU to entice Scottish voters to stay. In Wales the movement is growing rapidly, with the Yes group having almost 10,000 members, plus other groups and supporters not in groups all rooting for it, but a long way to go in Wales though.

I was having an argument with the leader of a local party here who rampantly supports leaving the EU, but for some reason supports Westminster rule and keeping the uk, claiming he's a "unionist". I've never actually figured out the logic of that as he voted leave so this country (he lives in Wales too, and is a country in its own right) won't have another country making it's laws (which the EU doesn't, but he doesn't want to accept that) for us. England is another country telling Wales its laws and how to run its country.

The mind still boggles!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 06, 2018, 19:13
Labour for a People's Vote
? @LabPeoplesVote
2h2 hours ago

The Momentum Brexit consultation results are in.

Headlines:

A mammoth 92% believe that all Labour MPs should oppose a Tory deal that fails Labour's six tests.

81% support a public vote on the deal.

@UKLabour and @PeoplesMomentum members are united in opposing Tory Brexit. ?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Nov 08, 2018, 14:24
Andrew Adonis
?Verified account @Andrew_Adonis
6h6 hours ago

Utterly pathetic that most Labour MSPs abstained on a people’s vote in the Scottish Parliament yesterday. What are they going to tell their grandchildren about Brexit - ‘I abstained’
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 14, 2018, 07:31
Larry the Cat
? @Number10cat
11h11 hours ago

Just had a sneaky look at the #BrexitDeal - hope none of you are too attached to the Crown Jewels. Or Cornwall. #kitileaks
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 14, 2018, 13:13
In the wise words of C3PO "we're fucked"
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Nov 14, 2018, 14:08
Leo Varadkar has just given the "brexit deal" his qualified blessing at Leaders Questions this morning in The Dáil.

BUT...

... if the deal meets Irish requirements it must contain a Northern Ireland backstop, so almost by definition it will not meet the DUP's red lines. Or if it does, then it's a whole-UK backstop which cannot meet the ERG's red lines.

I have no idea how this is going to get through the UK parliament. But I'm eager to see Theresa May try.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 118 19 20 21 22 23 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index