Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3920 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Sep 21, 2018, 11:56
I've learned a lot from James O'Brien and listen to him pretty much every day. A very insightful, intelligent man who is happy to listen to all sides of any conversation if the caller can back up their points with facts and research. He's well on form today.

G x
nigelswift
8065 posts

Sep 21, 2018, 14:51
It looks to me as if they've run the whole farce through a focus group and decided they should go with the "poor us, they've disrespected us". It'll probably work but it distracts from the crap that we'll all be poorer and the EU can offer nothing to prevent that.
Locodogz
Locodogz
265 posts

Sep 21, 2018, 17:03
I work with him and he's genuinely a top, top bloke. Does occasional Q&A sessions with our top brass and never holds back
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1106 posts

Sep 21, 2018, 17:43
I think you may possibly be confusing Rapido with Eurotrash ... not that Rapido wasn't without it's fair share of tits of one variety or another.
goffik
goffik
3920 posts

Sep 24, 2018, 16:52
Ah, I'm glad to hear that! He certainly comes across as someone who doesn't suffer fools, so I'd be disappointed if he pulled punches with anyone! :D

G x
goffik
goffik
3920 posts

Sep 24, 2018, 16:53
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/24/uk-eu-flights-would-cease-immediately-in-event-of-no-deal-brexit

G x
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Sep 24, 2018, 23:30
Sep 24, 2018, 17:58
Ach, you're right, sorry - currently my only constructive EU argument is how many bottles of Grimbergen Tripel does it take to offset the petrol and ferry costs, an argument as old as Rapido itself!

(it's in the very low 100s)

Actually we were in Grimbergen the other day and the bloke at the restaurant said he worked in horse transportation, suggesting his light haulage business connections to Manchester directly effected steaks.

Pretty sure it was lamb we were eating though.

B'dum etc

Cx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISJk2Y2-Ey4

note to self, new hotplate for kitchen
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1106 posts

Sep 25, 2018, 16:59
No need for any apology, I'm just enjoying the vague irony of referencing Eurotrash in a thread about despising Brexit.

I think we may have gotten away with it too. Shhhhh!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Sep 28, 2018, 11:07
David Baddiel
?Verified account @Baddiel

People say that another vote on Brexit would not respect the result of the 2017 referendum, but then again, the result of the 2017 referendum did not respect the result of the 1975 referendum.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Sep 29, 2018, 01:07
Pursued By Trees wrote:
No need for any apology, I'm just enjoying the vague irony of referencing Eurotrash in a thread about despising Brexit.

I think we may have gotten away with it too. Shhhhh!

But sometimes in my darkest hour when I'm feeling my gut is at its most sickest and my mind it at it's lowest ebb - wouldn't it be really funny if The Sun website released an old episode of Eurotrash but with Emmanuel Macron's face superimposed over Antoine de Caune's face, and Mr Methane's mask was replaced with..... hang on a second......

Oh my god it was him all along!!!

Cx
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index