Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Oct 22, 2018, 15:47
That was heartening to see over the weekend. I have several friends who attended.

But I was part of the 2 million who marched in London to stop the Iraq bombing.

I desperately hope it's different this time... but when Blair (a man obsessed with spin, focus-groups and personal popularity) can confidently ignore a protest that size, I'm not sure the tories -- who have already demonstrated a complete disinterest in getting remainers onside -- will bow to public pressure on this.

Theresa May is so focused on fending off challenges from within her own party and shoring up support from the DUP that you could get 5 million people doing the macarena on Westminster Bridge and she wouldn't even notice.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 22, 2018, 16:23
Yes, comparison with the Iraq War 2 million march is a worry, especially as Alastair Campbell is a leader of the Peoples Vote but was instrumental in ignoring the other. I really like what he does these days but then it was a different story.

But WAS it 2 million? The Beeb and the police said 1-200K. a falsehood repeated with relish and without photographs in much of the US press.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 24, 2018, 12:30
Someone like Corbyn maybe, but definitely not him, as a former NHS worker, living in Wales, we're a country that he's not even aware exists, one of the multitude of reasons I support the break up of the uk and don't support labour.

He could have been great, sadly he seems intent on squandering his position by ignoring the majority of labour members who support the people's vote, even though saying he wants more membership participation. I think he once had some nice ideas but is clearly intent on his own personal agenda.

Interestingly there were rumours of a possible leadership challenge coming from John McDonnell of all people!

Here in Wales things are very different, especially now with more devolved powers, it truly makes people like Corbyn utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as he has no position here.

Welsh Labour however (essentially red tories) could do a lot more. While the country's infrastructure is crumbling they're joining the tories in ensuring needless vanity projects are implemented which help no one.

I don't want corny as PM, then again I don't want anyone else either. I'm not a party person anymore and I find many independent candidates have better understanding and knowledge. Sadly there's not enough of them
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 25, 2018, 08:09
Well, consider how vastly better off we'd be if this man was Labour leader....
https://twitter.com/SebDance
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 25, 2018, 09:38
I still wouldn't rejoin labour but there'd be a better chance of me voting for them under him if I lived in England.

Here in Wales political parties take a shift to the right, labour are the tories, tories are ukip and what ukip are isn't worth thinking about!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Crooks
Oct 26, 2018, 15:53
Bryan Smith
? @BpsmithUk

Hands up how many people knew UK Govt was consulting publically on the future Trade Agreement with the USA?
Now hands up everyone who knew it closes tomorrow?
Fill in their online survey here & have YOUR say on chlorinated chicken,
https://consultations.trade.gov.uk/policy/consultation-on-trade-negotiations-with-the-us/
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Crooks
Oct 27, 2018, 11:26
Glynis Elliott
? @Chiclanagirl
13h13 hours ago

Good grief BBC have reported that the Royal visit to Tonga is important for trade after Brexit. So we will ignore 27 EU countries for trade with the tiny island of Tonga. Has the U.K. lost its collective mind.
378 replies . 1,597 retweets 5,158 likes
nigelswift
8112 posts

How can Corbyn not react?
Nov 03, 2018, 09:31
EVERY Labour held constituency now has majority support for a People's Vote

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-11-02/voters-in-every-labour-held-constituency-support-a-peoples-vote-on-brexit/
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: How can Corbyn not react?
Nov 03, 2018, 13:25
How can people not understand that he's just as much as a brexiter as farage, johnson and moggy! The only difference between him and them is he's letting them do all the talking and (as far as I know) hasn't got millions invested in Russia!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: How can Corbyn not react?
Nov 03, 2018, 20:25
Captain Starlet wrote:
How can people not understand that he's just as much as a brexiter as farage, johnson and moggy! The only difference between him and them is he's letting them do all the talking and (as far as I know) hasn't got millions invested in Russia!

Jeremy corbyn is a long term Eurosceptic https://www.markpack.org.uk/153744/jeremy-corbyn-brexit/
what it is puzzling is how this hasn't been challenged in the Labour Party (to the best of my knowledge). Keir Starmer is perhaps Leader in waiting.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index