Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 113 14 15 16 17 18 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Aug 18, 2018, 02:20
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Aug 18, 2018, 02:16
Meh, half of the cultural objects are fake anyway, like that quote from Jacob Rees-Mogg about the second Brexit referendum:

"A dog returneth to its own vomit."

Not only is the correct latin form of this fake quote:

"et sepelient in canibus",

I'm amazed that he'd actually compare the Brexit referendum to dog vomit in the first place! Surely he'd have more faith in his own assertions, assuming they were his.

Cx
nigelswift
8065 posts

Aug 18, 2018, 08:37
giNgko_C wrote:
Meh, half of the cultural objects are fake anyway

But half aren't.
What sort of crappy banana republic legislates to block the return of stolen goods to their rightful owners?
Rhiannon
5283 posts

Aug 18, 2018, 17:24
We'll probably be selling them all off on ebay when the economy takes a dive.

Our local council secretly sold off a load of stuff that was in the library vaults. So I understand.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6102 posts

Aug 18, 2018, 18:14
nigelswift wrote:

What sort of crappy banana republic legislates to block the return of stolen goods to their rightful owners?

One with blue passports?
nigelswift
8065 posts

Aug 19, 2018, 11:21
On the other hand ....
A 12th century Buddha statue stolen from India 57 years ago is to be returned to the country. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/buddha-statue-stolen-india-returned-metropolitan-police-colonialism-archaeological-survey-india-a8492431.html

UK Minister for Arts, Heritage and Tourism Michael Ellis said: “As we celebrate India’s independence day, I am proud to highlight the latest example of the UK’s cultural diplomacy in action. “This underlines how law enforcement and the London art market are working hand in hand to deliver positive cultural diplomacy to the world”.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Tory bastards
Aug 22, 2018, 13:21
Conservative HQ has barred the Conservatives for a People’s Vote campaign from publishing an entry in the official party programme for October’s conference in Birmingham.

Like hundreds of other organisations who are holding meetings at this year’s conference they submitted an entry in the programme, together with the necessary “non-refundable” payment for £360. The entry was submitted well before the deadline, and the group say the party still has their money.

Conservative HQ confirmed to Channel 4 News that they had rejected the entry from Conservatives for a People’s Vote, but they refused to explain why. “We don’t have to give a reason,” a spokesman told us, “and we are not giving one.”
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Aug 26, 2018, 11:42
We piss £440 million a week down the toilet: let’s fund our #NHS instead”

There's clearly no plus side to this brexit farce. There's two choices for any political with a backbone or a brain (or both) that's revoke Article 50 or allow the People's Vote. Sadly we don't have any party leaders in Westminster with backbones and brains.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-dividend-leave-vote-wipes-440-million-a-week-from-economy-2018-6?r=UK&IR=T
nigelswift
8065 posts

Aug 30, 2018, 14:05
Two steps forward for the pro-Brexiters sadly. The scallop war and the renewed Greek calls for return of the Marbles will surely both be used by Farage and co to stir anti Europe sentiment. Hands off our Marbles and Scallops is a much stronger message in the Daily Mail than May's refusal to answer "Will we be poorer".
nigelswift
8065 posts

Sep 01, 2018, 10:04
Trump leaked statement:
Any potential trade deal with Canada would be “totally on our terms,”
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
956 posts

Re: Tory bastards
Sep 01, 2018, 10:08
nigelswift wrote:
Conservative HQ has barred the Conservatives for a People’s Vote campaign from publishing an entry in the official party programme for October’s conference in Birmingham.

Like hundreds of other organisations who are holding meetings at this year’s conference they submitted an entry in the programme, together with the necessary “non-refundable” payment for £360. The entry was submitted well before the deadline, and the group say the party still has their money.

Conservative HQ confirmed to Channel 4 News that they had rejected the entry from Conservatives for a People’s Vote, but they refused to explain why. “We don’t have to give a reason,” a spokesman told us, “and we are not giving one.”

I thought the People already had a vote. And they voted to leave the rotten EU. That was a few years ago now. People need to get over it. Whether they are Tory Bastards or Labour ant-semites (or whatever they are calling themselves this week).
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 113 14 15 16 17 18 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index