Sep 10, 2018, 14:56
And then there's this
https://www.myeu.uk/#/
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Sep 10, 2018, 15:36
Ah, bloke's got his hand in the way and couldn't see it properly. Strouds back on the nice list then!

I had a look at that myeu site yesterday, was depressing to read really considering where I live voted leave so readily. If there's no people's vote then there's going to be a lot of trouble. I read the Police are working with the military already to make plans for a no deal escalade.

I'm still yet to see sign of one thing we're going to gain by leaving.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Sep 10, 2018, 15:41
Nigel - when are you going to get it?!?! You can't have another vote - especially now that some of the implications are becoming more apparent - that would be undemocratic..........
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 10, 2018, 17:27
Whaaaaat?
Why?
In fact, why would we not if the national opinion appears to have changed?

Brexiters saying there can't be a second vote sound awfully like double glazing salesemen telling a previously underinformed and grievously misled old lady that it's too late to change her mind, she must pay, it's the law.

(It effing isn't the law. The law is entirely silent on the matter).
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 10, 2018, 17:52
Saying we can't have a vote is completely undemocratic. What you're saying is that democracy ended in June 2016. People have the right to change their minds, that's a part of democracy. Not allowing that is totalitarian and fascist by it's very nature. These apparent democratic countries we live in are supposed to represent the democratic ideal not be dictated to some brexit bully boys who are going to lose their investments!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 11, 2018, 07:28
A chink of light?

Alastair Campbell
?Verified account @campbellclaret
11m11 minutes ago

Very good news (though scandalous) that government refusing to say whether it has taken legal advice on extending Article 50 and holding @peoplesvote_uk on final deal. Good news because it means they have
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Latest state of play:
Sep 11, 2018, 17:26
Doesn't take 200 days to organise a referendum.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 11, 2018, 17:28
Also apparently May knew of Leave illegal activities prior to handing in leave notice. This could suggest malfeasance
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 12, 2018, 13:07
New York has replaced London as the world’s top financial center as Brexit saps the confidence of U.K. industry professionals, according to a survey.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-12/new-york-topples-brexit-hit-london-as-top-financial-center?utm_content=brexit&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-facebook-brexit
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 12, 2018, 13:56
Can we all do that "told you so" thing now?

After yesterday's debacle at the erg meeting which was supposed to come up with an alternate plane to May's (but were forced to withdraw it as it was completely unworkable) moggy and boris have pledged allegiance to May now.

Probably just realised they don't have enough support for a vote of no confidence and they're likely to get chucked out of the party if they keep pissing about.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index