Trump leaked statement:
Any potential trade deal with Canada would be “totally on our terms,”
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Tory bastards
Sep 01, 2018, 10:08
nigelswift wrote:
Conservative HQ has barred the Conservatives for a People’s Vote campaign from publishing an entry in the official party programme for October’s conference in Birmingham.

Like hundreds of other organisations who are holding meetings at this year’s conference they submitted an entry in the programme, together with the necessary “non-refundable” payment for £360. The entry was submitted well before the deadline, and the group say the party still has their money.

Conservative HQ confirmed to Channel 4 News that they had rejected the entry from Conservatives for a People’s Vote, but they refused to explain why. “We don’t have to give a reason,” a spokesman told us, “and we are not giving one.”

I thought the People already had a vote. And they voted to leave the rotten EU. That was a few years ago now. People need to get over it. Whether they are Tory Bastards or Labour ant-semites (or whatever they are calling themselves this week).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Tory bastards
Sep 01, 2018, 12:44
Howburn Digger wrote:
I thought the People already had a vote.

No, not on Real Brexit. They had a vote on Fantasy Brexit: a bus manifesto that its authors now admit was a lie and a free trade deal with the EU that would be the “easiest in human history" which has proved to be the opposite.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Sep 03, 2018, 17:32
Another day another blow
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/02/britain-loses-medicines-contracts-as-eu-body-anticipates-brexit
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sep 03, 2018, 18:00
nigelswift wrote:

We don't need that foreign medicine nonsense. There are plenty of frogs, newts, fungi, assorted berries and worts to be found in hedges, enabling us to make and evaluate new British medicines. I'm fairly sure someone is busy digitising the necessary instructional grimoires even as we speak.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 04, 2018, 16:58
Don't forget the leeches.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Latest state of play:
Sep 05, 2018, 08:37
If it's to be believed, the latest survey says 59% would now vote Stay.

On the other hand, an annoying Brexity woman on Sky Paper Review yesterday says it's too late to organise a new referendum now.

Anyone know if that's true? Imagine if we left, despite nearly 6 out of ten people not wanting to, because another vote couldn't be organised in time. Fecking Britain...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 09, 2018, 22:13
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=stroud+brexometer&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvgZu96q7dAhVHZlAKHafACecQ_AUIECgD&biw=911&bih=409#imgrc=7K-TSv30lnYVZM:
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 10, 2018, 09:39
Stroud seem to be on their own there. I think pretty much the whole of Wales is saying it's a disaster now, which is a change since the ref.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 10, 2018, 10:18
No I think you misread it. The lady is pointing to the fact most people are saying yes we need a People's vote. (You got me worried there for a minute!)

More evidence, NatCen Social Research, 59% Remain, 41% Leave.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index