Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3920 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jul 31, 2018, 12:47
tjj wrote:
Six months to stop this madness - somehow I doubt there is time.

I'm thinking it's more likely that they don't want to stop it, sadly! :( Because they can, and they know they can, and a second referendum would force them, should it come out in favour of Remain. So they won't. I'm hoping I'm wrong. Fingers crosssed! :)

G x
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6102 posts

Jul 31, 2018, 19:27
goffik wrote:
tjj wrote:
Six months to stop this madness - somehow I doubt there is time.

I'm thinking it's more likely that they don't want to stop it, sadly! :( Because they can, and they know they can, and a second referendum would force them, should it come out in favour of Remain. So they won't. I'm hoping I'm wrong. Fingers crosssed! :)

G x

All the official govt/civil service stuff is flatly stating that we will have left by next summer.

But meanwhile there has been a recent noticeable shift in polling (I know the polls don't prove anything, before anyone says anything) to the effect that now a majority - by referendum comparison a significant one - of the populace want a people's vote on the "three options" of no deal/govt's deal/remain).
https://news.sky.com/story/public-opinion-is-shifting-sharply-against-brexit-sky-data-poll-reveals-11453220
nigelswift
8065 posts

Jul 31, 2018, 19:40
three options of no deal/govt's deal/remain

But being unprincipled they wont's allow that (the first two would be split leaving Remain an easy winner even if it was only 48%).
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Jul 31, 2018, 23:45
Jul 31, 2018, 23:41
Perhaps they could tip the balance even further with a series of Roger Moore as James Bond Walls Magnum tribute lolly stick jokes, such as:

Q: Why have the Brexit negotiations taken so long?
A: The Government don't want to look like they're rushing.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2018, 01:04
Aug 09, 2018, 01:01
I remember the sage opinion of a young drunk lad in a pub in Caernarfon ran by an ex military man (you get granted a pub license on return from your Middle East tour)

and he was like "when the food gets cut off that's World War III mate"

this was 2014,
so short of David Cameron being the managed decline of the Conservative Party / UK plc
I don't see how the NFU have taken this long to reaffirm the UK's position - surely their position would have been remain

and not some crypto fascist digital vote rigged bunch of shrivelled testes.

Cx
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Aug 09, 2018, 02:12
Or a skittle shaped man's recycled concept ball rolling ever more determined into skittle shaped skittles and twig men with no ball and the

[time is of the essence make something up]

left behind in some poncey selloff bet the farm and future LA DI DA it's hard to trip on cider maybe I should have taken all of the Nytol

far di deoo do noo pum sib behavevd

actually that's a good idea i'll do that now oh no the UK's Diphenhydramine statistics have gone through the roof argh! how will we cope argh
nigelswift
8065 posts

Will of the people?
Aug 10, 2018, 11:25
In the referendum, just over 70% of 18-24s voted Remain.

Now 82% of 18-24s support staying a member of the EU.
lawrence2
106 posts

Re: Will of the people?
Aug 10, 2018, 17:26
Nice to know people eventually learn their lesson.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Aug 10, 2018, 17:36
The young always knew, it's just that they are now even more certain.

How about a voting system that gives each person one vote plus one vote for every ten years of life expectancy?
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Aug 11, 2018, 23:44
Mmmmm, but then you'd have to role out voter ID nationally with a special print system that gave everybody in the village halls the correct manual counting information on the custom ballot papers,

unless it became an IT solution where single vote voter ID was used but the results were given statistical weighting like how Aviva might tally your car insurance premium, but then the results might always be skewed towards whatever Norwich wanted (becoming an independent EU City State), in which case you might as well replace Question Time with The Truth About Market with Clive and Chloe.

Cx
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index