Re: Europe to legalise Pulse Fishing
Nov 29, 2017, 16:10
Howburn Digger wrote:
"Pulse Fishing" isn't fishing.

It isn't trawling.

It isn't tidal netting.

It isn't stake netting.

It isn't creeling.

It isn't running multiple Mackerel lines from a boat.

It isn't spinning.

It isn't bait fishing.

It is a chronic response to overfishing. Simply paralyse what remains and scoop it up in nets while the EU still has access to UK waters. After Brexit the access to UK waters will still be negotiated and sold off by Westminster and Holyrood to whatever countries want to fish here.

Europe deems it a "Green" kind of fishing because it uses less fuel in the trawlers (no need to trawl around - just zap and net everything under the boat). It is just like Germany deems a massive expansion of Coal, Gas and Fossil Fuel Power Stations to be "Green" because it will mean less Nuclear waste. If you repeat these kind of twisted propaganda mantras eventually people start believing they are true.

Kill everything... saves time.

Thanks for your comment. I was afraid I might have jumped in too deep without being fully aware of all the issues - such as fuel economy. I found this 2016 article which explains things quite well.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nature-studies-pulse-fishing-is-the-marine-equivalent-of-fracking-a6930671.html
I don't know why I've only just become so aware it, perhaps watching Blue Planet and realising how fragile and precious our oceans and seas are in the face of human onslaught.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index