Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Ireland threatening to block Brexit deal ....

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Ireland... Tories threaten Good Friday Agreement to be tossed out on Blue Bin day.
Jun 28, 2017, 15:04
I'm genuinely curious - having read your interesting post three times over!

You start by stating that "The DUP are the least of our worries" and then go to paint a scenario under which the Tory/DUP deal fatally undermines the GFA? I spent a deal of time in Belfast in the (late) 80's and - whilst I'd completely agree with your description of a "fairly lively place both politically and militarily" - its not a place I'd wish it's current occupants back to any time soon?

I really hope this Tory shambles is over before its had the chance to undermine one of the greatest peace-making achievements of our era.

FWIW I'm fascinated as to how this blatant (and not even attempted to conceal) 'bung' will play out in the Tory heartlands of England? A rampant Corbyn in the North coupled with 'up in arms' littleEnglanders in the South could make for an interesting few months.

But in all seriously the one thing I'd most hate to see as 'collateral damage' from any fall out would be the GFA. So I'd view the DUP as a major worry at this time?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index