113 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ethericat
42 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 04, 2017, 17:04
thesweetcheat wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Hear hear both of you - and I'm speaking as someone who's lived in London for 28 years, commutes across the city to work daily and could easily have died in the 7/7 bombing if I'd had to start at 9am that day.

Despite the fact that I agree with the sweetcheat's points, I also have no problem with the fact that the police shot those who were responsible. It had to be done and it was done. Seeking a solution that doesn't involve military interventions in, or selling arms to, other countries whilst also maintaining law and order are not in contradiction with other, and there's nothing to be gained from pretending that they are.

I agree, it had to be done to stop any further loss of life or injury to those they attacked. That's exactly what armed police are trained for and should be supported in. Like I said, the police should be properly funded, not cut to the bone with the army used as inappropriate stand-ins.

I also agree with Ethericat that hate speech/preaching should be called out for what it is and condemned. That goes for whoever is doing it, or whatever flavour it comes in.

Exactly.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index