U-Know! Forum »
Thank you to London police

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 04, 2017, 14:07
"this fear" has been around a hell of alot longer than 2005....
How willfully misguided can one be?

Here is a recent 'forgotten' example of an estimated 3 million deaths at the hands of the 'peaceful faith'

fucking read it and weep...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_genocide
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 14:38
Sanctuary wrote:
When are we going to wake up to the fact that we are at war with these bastards. When will the penny drop?

The police, on and off duty, have been outstanding but are not soldiers and don't fight wars - but the army do!
Instead of us continually planning what we are going to do in the event of an attack, we should have the army out there scouring the country and eradicating those bastards before they do. The public will talk to soldiers more readily about people or groups they suspect in their area knowing they will be protected by professional soldiers.

Enough is enough are the wisest words I've heard in months. Now get the job done! We have been far too soft in this country.

So here are some positive actions that could be taken:

Biggest one first - stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia, which funds and arms IS, and looking for trade deals with a regime that has some of the worst human rights issues on the planet.

Work with Muslim communities rather than seeking to blame every Muslim for the actions of a tiny minority, or demonising young Muslims as potential terrorists. You will no doubt have seen the condemnation from the Muslim Council of Britain: http://www.mcb.org.uk/london-bridge-attack-muslim-council-of-britain/

Stop bombing/attacking the Middle East. IS formed in the bloody hole we left in the middle of Libya. The cycle needs to be broken not reinforced.
https://i2.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/cycle-of-hate.png

Stop cutting police services. https://youtu.be/k8CguKK17F0

All that stuff about putting the "army on the streets" is idiotic. This isn't Helmand Province. It's not even Londonderry and look how well that worked out. The army isn't the right body to be carrying out intelligence work. The police need to be properly funded and it would also help if US intelligence didn't go blabbing details of live investigations as they did in the immediate aftermath of Manchester.

Don't waste money renewing Trident. It's a fossil and the £20bn or whatever could be spent far more wisely.

Putting a tank on every lawn is not the answer. It never is.
Ethericat
42 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2017, 16:37
Jun 04, 2017, 16:31
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
When are we going to wake up to the fact that we are at war with these bastards. When will the penny drop?

The police, on and off duty, have been outstanding but are not soldiers and don't fight wars - but the army do!
Instead of us continually planning what we are going to do in the event of an attack, we should have the army out there scouring the country and eradicating those bastards before they do. The public will talk to soldiers more readily about people or groups they suspect in their area knowing they will be protected by professional soldiers.

Enough is enough are the wisest words I've heard in months. Now get the job done! We have been far too soft in this country.

Biggest one first - stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia, which funds and arms IS, and looking for trade deals with a regime that has some of the worst human rights issues on the planet.

Work with Muslim communities rather than seeking to blame every Muslim for the actions of a tiny minority, or demonising young Muslims as potential terrorists. You will no doubt have seen the condemnation from the Muslim Council of Britain: http://www.mcb.org.uk/london-bridge-attack-muslim-council-of-britain/

Stop bombing/attacking the Middle East. IS formed in the bloody hole we left in the middle of Libya. The cycle needs to be broken not reinforced.
https://i2.wp.com/voxpoliticalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/cycle-of-hate.png

All that stuff about putting the "army on the streets" is idiotic. This isn't Helmand Province. It's not even Londonderry and look how well that worked out. The army isn't the right body to be carrying out intelligence work. The police need to be properly funded and it would also help if US intelligence didn't go blabbing details of live investigations as they did in the immediate aftermath of Manchester.

Don't waste money renewing Trident. It's a fossil and the £20bn or whatever could be spent far more wisely.

Agreed, and neither is tolerating any more the dangerous minority hate speech of Islamic extremism. Preach hate 'theologically rhetorically?'. It effects us all, the vast majority of muslims and everyone alike. A Wahhabist agenda endangers us all. Enough. How from here? I'm honestly scratching my head, but platitudes whilst kissing Saudi Oil ass isn't going to hold up much longer. Dangerous times, and also easily manipulated.
Ethericat
42 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2017, 17:03
Jun 04, 2017, 16:37
Ethericat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Agreed, and neither is tolerating any more the dangerous minority hate speech of Islamic extremism. Preach hate 'theologically rhetorically?'. It effects us all, the vast majority of muslims and everyone alike. A Wahhabist agenda endangers us all. Enough. How from here? I'm honestly scratching my head, but platitudes whilst kissing Saudi Oil ass isn't going to hold up much longer. Dangerous times, and also easily manipulated.

For the record, I briefly lived up North in a town in 1993. I went to a college in a nearby town to do a 'mature' uni student entry course. I met a perfectly cool (he was) Muslim guy at the college on the same course, and we got on fine and became friends. He'd sometimes give me a lift in his car and I'd put music on as well as he did, and one day I noticed he had a load of badly photocopied or not literature about 'jihad' on his back seat. He spent quite a while happily explaining this to me, his 'infidel' friend (I 'd bang on about peace and Gandhi) and, being young and daft and it was different world, I naturally dismissed it all as eccentricity nonsense. I hope I was right. I am not using this at all other than to say that in retrospect our culpability in all this mess is true, but it's not quite that simple either. I hope it was just a phase with my friend too, in 1993.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2017, 16:57
Jun 04, 2017, 16:52
Sanctuary wrote:
The London Mayor said we will not be cowed and we should carry on as normal.

Just to get the record straight, Sadiq Khan was referring to an increased police presence on the streets of London when he said people should not be alarmed....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40149117/london-attack-grief-and-anger-sadiq-khan
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Sep 11, 2021, 15:13
Jun 04, 2017, 16:52
Ethericat wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Hear hear both of you - and I'm speaking as someone who's lived in London for 28 years, commutes across the city to work daily and could easily have died in the 7/7 bombing if I'd had to start at 9am that day.

Despite the fact that I agree with the sweetcheat's points, I also have no problem with the fact that the police shot those who were responsible. It had to be done in order to prevent further casualties, and it was done. Seeking a solution that doesn't involve military interventions in, or selling arms to, other countries whilst also maintaining law and order are not in contradiction with each other, and there's nothing to be gained from pretending that they are.
Ethericat
42 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 16:56
Popel Vooje wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
Ethericat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Hear hear both of you - and I'm speaking as someone who's lived in London for 28 years, commutes across the city to work daily and could easily have died in the 7/7 bombing if I'd had to start at 9am that day.

Despite the fact that I agree with the sweetcheat's points, I also have no problem with the fact that the police shot those who were responsible. It had to be done and it was done. Seeking a solution that doesn't involve military interventions in, or selling arms to, other countries whilst also maintaining law and order are not in contradiction with other, and there's nothing to be gained from pretending that they are.

Well said Popel.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 17:02
Popel Vooje wrote:

Despite the fact that I agree with the sweetcheat's points, I also have no problem with the fact that the police shot those who were responsible. It had to be done and it was done. Seeking a solution that doesn't involve military interventions in, or selling arms to, other countries whilst also maintaining law and order are not in contradiction with other, and there's nothing to be gained from pretending that they are.

I agree, it had to be done to stop any further loss of life or injury to those they attacked. That's exactly what armed police are trained for and should be supported in. Like I said, the police should be properly funded, not cut to the bone with the army used as inappropriate stand-ins.

I also agree with Ethericat that hate speech/preaching should be called out for what it is and condemned. That goes for whoever is doing it, or whatever flavour it comes in.
Ethericat
42 posts

Jun 04, 2017, 17:04
thesweetcheat wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

I agree, it had to be done to stop any further loss of life or injury to those they attacked. That's exactly what armed police are trained for and should be supported in. Like I said, the police should be properly funded, not cut to the bone with the army used as inappropriate stand-ins.

I also agree with Ethericat that hate speech/preaching should be called out for what it is and condemned. That goes for whoever is doing it, or whatever flavour it comes in.

Exactly.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2017, 17:33
Jun 04, 2017, 17:27
thesweetcheat wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

Here I go again, more 'leftist clap-trap' - this time from the Guardian. The link doesn't seem to work so I've copied the whole article. By Jessica Elgot
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/31/sensitive-uk-terror-funding-inquiry-findings-may-never-be-published-saudi-arabia

An investigation into the foreign funding and support of jihadi groups that was authorised by David Cameron may never be published, the Home Office has admitted.
The inquiry into revenue streams for extremist groups operating in the UK was commissioned by the former prime minister and is thought to focus on Saudi Arabia, which has repeatedly been highlighted by European leaders as a funding source for Islamist jihadis.
The investigation was launched as part of a deal with the Liberal Democrats in exchange for the party supporting the extension of British airstrikes against Islamic State into Syria in December 2015.
Tom Brake, the Lib Dem foreign affairs spokesman, has written to the prime minister asking her to confirm that the investigation will not be shelved.
The Observer reported in January last year that the Home Office’s extremism analysis unit had been directed by Downing Street to investigate overseas funding of extremist groups in the UK, with findings to be shown to Theresa May, then home secretary, and Cameron.
However, 18 months later, the Home Office confirmed the report had not yet been completed and said it would not necessarily be published, calling the contents “very sensitive”.
A decision would be taken “after the election by the next government” about the future of the investigation, a Home Office spokesman said.
In his letter to May, Brake wrote: “As home secretary at the time, your department was one of those leading on the report. Eighteen months later, and following two horrific terrorist attacks by British-born citizens, that report still remains incomplete and unpublished.
“It is no secret that Saudi Arabia in particular provides funding to hundreds of mosques in the UK, espousing a very hardline Wahhabist interpretation of Islam. It is often in these institutions that British extremism takes root.”
The contents of the report may prove politically as well as legally sensitive. Saudi Arabia, which has been a funding source for fundamentalist Islamist preachers and mosques, was visited by May earlier this year.
Last December, a leaked report from Germany’s federal intelligence service accused several Gulf groups of funding religious schools and radical Salafist preachers in mosques, calling it “a long-term strategy of influence”.
The Lib Dem leader, Tim Farron, said he felt the government had not held up its side of the bargain made ahead of the vote on airstrikes. The report must be published when it was completed, he insisted, despite the Home Office caution that information in the document would be sensitive.
“That short-sighted approach needs to change. It is critical that these extreme, hardline views are confronted head on, and that those who fund them are called out publicly,” he said.
“If the Conservatives are serious about stopping terrorism on our shores, they must stop stalling and reopen investigation into foreign funding of violent extremism in the UK.”

Theresa May is shaping up to be the biggest hypocrite to be PM yet.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index