phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Manchester
May 23, 2017, 15:09
dhajjieboy wrote:
Gladwin wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
How the hell do we stop it?

We could stop bombing the Middle East. That might be a start.

No....no it won't....
The Taliban will still continue to bomb schoolyards in Pakistan for girls as they have for many years now to the tune of thousands of deaths of there 'own' people...
There will still be homosexual men in Arabic countries getting thrown off the top of the tallest buildings as cheering neighborhoods watch...
To say nothing of global cultural monument obliterations...{who knows...maybe Stonehenge next?}
'THEY' will still continue to practice female genital mutilation on 'their' 7 year old daughters...even in America....
'They' will still honor and obey Sharia law over and above the laws of the lands that 'They' immigrate to...up to and including 'Honor' killings of defenseless wives and daughters..
Nothing to do with the "We"st.
I grieve for the people of Manchester.
I grieve for the fate of mankind.

It's important to remember that the vile practices dhajjieboy describes are, for the most part, a fairly recent phenomenon. "Radical Islamic terrorism" was not a significant issue until the 1990s. If you look at pictures of the ME from the 50s-70s, and start learning about the era, you will find that there had once been a vibrant secular movement advocating Pan-Arabism. There is nothing inherently barbaric about the people in the region. The problem is secular ideologies have become drowned out by religious fundamentalism.

To end (or significantly reduce) Islamic terrorism, the West needs to drastically change its policies in the ME, and begin supporting secular regimes and movements as a counterbalance to the spread of Wahhabi Islam. Unfortunately, we (the West) have already destroyed most of the secular regimes in the region, so the chances for ending terrorism are substantially less than they were, say, ten years ago.

Secular movements in the ME first began to decline in the late 1970s, when America, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia decided to support the fundamentalist Mujahideen against the Communist government in Afghanistan. In 1998, a French newspaper interviewed Zbigniew Brzezinski, who was Jimmy Carter's National Security Advisor, about this fateful decision:

Q: ...do you regret having supported Islamic fundamentalism, which has given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B : What is more important in world history? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some agitated Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q : “Some agitated Moslems”? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today...

B: Nonsense!

Note that the interview took place in 1998.

http://dgibbs.faculty.arizona.edu/brzezinski_interview
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index