Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Edited May 23, 2017, 10:20
Re: Kill them!
May 23, 2017, 10:06
nigelswift wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
Do you really believe that any governing body that the U.K. might elect will endorse ivory trading, much less "elephant slaughter"?

First, nobody said "endorse". "Allow" yes, I believe that is the case, which is different, but the same from the elephants' point of view
Second, the problem with ivory trading is that it DOES involve elephant slaughter, given that fresh ivory can now be faked to appear to be historic ivory, so there's no "much less" about the matter.

In summary then, yes I believe an incoming Tory Government WILL allow some degree of ivory trading and elephant slaughter. BTW, is there a written US Presidential manifesto? There ought to be.

Not wishing to extend this difference of opinion until we all give up the will to live Nigel, but you have yet to provide written proof from government documentation that your belief is true. The elephant is an endangered species and the government IS supporting ALL endangered species worldwide as they quite clearly state in the manifesto. The aim, to stop its slaughter! Would they do that if they were going to allow new ivory to enter our country knowingly?
You can firmly believe what you like of course but I have supplied the evidence that makes it most unlikely - with respect - you haven't.

Roy
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index