364 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 06, 2017, 20:25
Re: Another Election
May 06, 2017, 20:23
Received my membership card for the Labour Party the other day and was pleased to receive this email from Jeremy Corbyn earlier today.

"Although we had welcome victories in Manchester, Liverpool, Wales, Doncaster and elsewhere, results were also disappointing for our party. Too many fantastic Labour councillors, who work tirelessly for their communities, lost their seats.

This General Election campaign is a challenge, but it is also a great opportunity for us to work together to create a society in which people are no longer held back by a system that is rigged for the rich. It is a chance to rebuild Britain for the many not the few.
We have many people to convince, and just 33 days to do that, but we are ready for the challenge.
Labour's plan to transform Britain will mean:
investing in infrastructure and new industries,
rebuilding our NHS and social care services,
giving our children and young people a chance to fulfil their potential.
We will win this election together. You can play a vital part by signing up to campaign with Labour now.

It is so important. This election could be a great and proud moment in our national story and we must seize it.
Jeremy Corbyn,
Leader of the Labour Party"

While I take on board Drew's comments (elsewhere) about starting a new party or joining the Greens, Jeremy Corbyn seems to be the only hope at present. Swimming against the tide I know but ... its that or drown.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index