Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 03, 2017, 17:57
Re: Another Election
May 03, 2017, 17:19
Ethericat wrote:
A lot of her sentences these days fall along the deranged lines of 'all brexit voters are horrible racists and nazis', and when challenged, she visibly deflates into a corner of sulk with no adequate intelligent response.

I can't say I've ever heard her say those things but then I don't scrutinize her that closely. She was loyal to Jeremy Corbyn when much of the Shadow Cabinet turned on him - Corbyn feels clearly loyal in return. I can't imagine that he would validate the use of such emotive language - I certainly don't think along those lines either. Sadly I suspect a lot of Brexit voters would have voted the other way if the current turmoil could have been foreseen. A large percentage of them were just ordinary people who believed what they were fed at the time. No doubt a smaller percentage may well harbour dislike of foreigners where ever they're from.

Edit: It is also worth remembering that Dianne Abbott has almost certainly been subject of racism during her long career as a black MP.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index