U-Know! Forum »
Another Election

Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Craig Murray - Journalists as State Functionaries
May 12, 2017, 15:56
What have things come to when they are only answering the questions they have chosen themselves? And it's quite true that "For all his faults, Nigel Farage would be quite genuinely horrified at the idea of pre-vetting of which questions from journalists are permitted."

I don't think people want to hear this stuff, it's easier to close your ears and say you're not interested in politics. I can't bear to hear it either because as the article says, it suggests the right wing are getting completely out of control. where the hell are we going to end up unless voters actually start thinking clearly uhhhh
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Is it worth voting?
May 12, 2017, 18:26
Thoughtful piece from a previous conscientious non-voter:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/12/never-voted-before-jeremy-corbyn-changed-mind
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Is it worth voting?
May 12, 2017, 19:55
thesweetcheat wrote:

His moment has come. And he is rising to the opportunity like a true statesman. Though he always had my vote.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

May 13, 2017, 19:59
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

His moment has come. And he is rising to the opportunity like a true statesman. Though he always had my vote.

I like Corbyn as well Tjj and I hope the people south of the border also rise to the opportunity to vote for the government they want and let those north of the border get the Government and future they want.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 14, 2017, 13:37
May 14, 2017, 13:35
drewbhoy wrote:

I like Corbyn as well Tjj and I hope the people south of the border also rise to the opportunity to vote for the government they want and let those north of the border get the Government and future they want.

I'm sure Corbyn would be up for self-determination for Scotland and Northern Ireland if he achieved Office. I've always thought Ireland should be one united country and it makes even more sense now with the border issue. A couple of years back I, like many others, felt heart-broken at idea of Scotland leaving the UK. So much has changed since then I basically just don't care any more. My home is the ancient kingdom of Wessex - only we could do without bloody kings couldn't we. When our old Queen dies there will be more change I'm sure.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Edited May 14, 2017, 19:26
May 14, 2017, 19:25
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

I'm sure Corbyn would be up for self-determination for Scotland and Northern Ireland if he achieved Office. I've always thought Ireland should be one united country and it makes even more sense now with the border issue. A couple of years back I, like many others, felt heart-broken at idea of Scotland leaving the UK. So much has changed since then I basically just don't care any more. My home is the ancient kingdom of Wessex - only we could do without bloody kings couldn't we. When our old Queen dies there will be more change I'm sure.

When Vote No somehow won IndyRef1 I was embarrassed to be Scottish and sick to the core. Now more than ever we need to be independent and I'm very proud of the Scottish Green Party showing how cross party agreements can work. The Liberals (and Labour) in Scotland, of course, prefer to team up with Tories rather than work with Progressive parties.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Brian May, legend.
May 16, 2017, 11:41
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUJjuoej8_X/
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 16, 2017, 13:54
Re: Brian May, legend.
May 16, 2017, 12:42
nigelswift wrote:

Eloquently put.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 16, 2017, 14:10
tjj wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Eloquently put.

I'm guessing they're not related then...
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 16, 2017, 14:42
From different galaxies.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index