Another Election

Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ethericat
42 posts

Edited Apr 27, 2017, 13:33
Re: Another Election
Apr 27, 2017, 09:57
Thanks Littlestone. I totally agree. To deliberately and perversely paraphrase the old esoteric saying, As Above, So Below. It is that simple, and it utterly baffles me how so many people just don't see how the old polarizations are vanishing, merging into an utterly cynical corporate driven whole, and are now merely an illusion of real choice. In the vacuum rises largely unpalatable reactionary alternatives that are merely routes to an alternative dead end. As for the undeniable and unsustainable global ecological impact of this pig trough madness courtesy of the few, a largely compliant media with its relentless message reinforcing, and a sizeable enough eg workable percentage of the population to buy into it, and... here we are, and still all to often the usual ridiculous and hysterical knee jerk accusations get rolled out by rote (conspiracy theorist racist nutjob seems to be a recurring theme) by so many who seem unable to/or actively hostile to, a view outside of identity politics or anything that challenges the established group think. Even the Dalai Lama got pilloried for being 'anti family' when he rightly raised his concerns re increasing Western Population numbers. David Attenborough appears to be safe enough, for now... ;-) Take a peek behind the scenes, below the surface, and it's blatantly obvious what is going down.

(edited)

An old piece, from one of the few valiant truth tellers not bought and paid for, and still as relevant as ever, and yes there is hope. Better tighten those seat belts in the meantime.

OM SHANTI

http://johnpilger.com/videos/the-new-rulers-of-the-world
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Apr 27, 2017, 15:49
Ethericat wrote:
...it utterly baffles me how so many people just don't see how the old polarizations are vanishing, merging into an utterly cynical corporate driven whole, and are now merely an illusion of real choice. In the vacuum rises largely unpalatable reactionary alternatives that are merely routes to an alternative dead end.

Spot on Ethericat, pity there aren't more who can’t see it – especially on forums such as this. Om Shanti and Om mani padme hum to you and others with the courage to express a new vision for the world.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Apr 27, 2017, 19:20
Curious which of the Tory manifesto policies you will be voting for fit into your and Ethericat's vision of a new world. I thought you were fighting to keep the old customs of Englande?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Apr 27, 2017, 22:23
Apr 27, 2017, 22:12
thesweetcheat wrote:
Curious which of the Tory manifesto policies you will be voting for fit into your and Ethericat's vision of a new world. I thought you were fighting to keep the old customs of Englande?

And I’m curious to know why neither you (nor anyone else on this forum) has addressed the question that I posed here – ie “...what exactly are the benefits of belonging to the EU? Can you please not only outline those benefits but also show how we, as an independent sovereign nation, could not, under our own political/democratic checks and balances, achieve the same benefits.”

I’d be interested in your reply to the second part of the second sentence specifically.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 06:06
Captain Starlet wrote:
Can't say I'm overly surprised about today's call for a GE

For the first time, a majority regret the Brexit decision ....
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-poll-times_uk_5901d53ce4b081a5c0fb1e16?
What if that becomes even more pronounced (and why wouldn't it? Brexit will increasingly become actual reality versus mere claims on a bus).

Was the snap election intended to provide a means to ignore it if it happened? "The only poll that matters, blah, blah"?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 07:44
Yet again you have avoided the question, Tory voters always seem reluctant to identify which parts of the Tory manifesto they are voting for particularly. Jshell was similarly reluctant elsewhere in this thread.

I have made clear elsewhere in this thread why I think weveryone are better in Europe http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=75990&message=950933

I also think it's clear from that answer why I think we are less likely to achieve that outside the EU with a Tory government.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 07:51
And there was no opposition to triggering Article 50 in Parliament. This election is only about May increasing her majority to impose more hardline Tory policies. No matter how much people like Littlestone think it's about the EU, it isn't. A vote for the Tories is anything but a vote for "the people" or for "taking back control".
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 09:26
thesweetcheat wrote:
And there was no opposition to triggering Article 50 in Parliament. This election is only about May increasing her majority to impose more hardline Tory policies. No matter how much people like Littlestone think it's about the EU, it isn't. A vote for the Tories is anything but a vote for "the people" or for "taking back control".

I think you are probably wasting your breath tsc, unless you've got a random Tibetan mantra to throw in just too make you appear superior to us lesser mortals. Here's Mark Steel making one of his (spot-on!) observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjk5AcPmpE
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 09:57
tjj wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

I think you are probably wasting your breath tsc, unless you've got a random Tibetan mantra to throw in just too make you appear superior to us lesser mortals. Here's Mark Steel making one of his (spot-on!) observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjk5AcPmpE

I think everyone is wasting their time June, not just tsc who has been to the well NINETEEN times now on this thread boring the pants of everybody who is not for turning - including myself. People don't change their political views overnight so brow-beating people into submission ain't gonna happen here.
Everyone is entitled to a view and it should be respected no matter what that view is. I don't play the head-tennis game - one post to air your views is quite enough IMO - not that what I say is going to stop those who love to hear themselves reconsider, in fact it will probably make them worse as they hate being talked down to and hearing the truth about themselves :-)
Ethericat
42 posts

Apr 28, 2017, 10:30
I think the Tibetan mantra jibe was unfair. Littlestone was just using it as a friendly courtesy to myself. As for Mark Steel, I'll stick with John Pilger.

http://johnpilger.com/articles/why-the-british-said-no-to-europe
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index