Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2017, 17:35
Re: Another Election
Apr 18, 2017, 17:07
Are you serious? The whole thing's a fucking car crash! There's not ONE thing good to come out of leaving the EU! Cameron didn't want to deal with it and I'm guessing she's realising that the whole train wreck of this fiasco is exactly what it is, a train wreck of a fiasco that she wants to dump on someone else. And as for supporting this country? As far as I'm concerned anyone who supports bringing this country to it's economic knees, supports the eradication of civil and human rights isn't best qualified to talk about patriotism.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 17:58
Captain Starlet wrote:
Are you serious? The whole thing's a fucking car crash!

Yes and yes!!!
jshell
333 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:11
Sanctuary wrote:
Real smart woman. Thatcher with a heart. Irrespective of what all the moaners have to say about her she is very popular with the nation as a whole and the following years will show this to be justified as she steers us out of Europe while dealing with all the other orchestrated crap she has to put up with along the way at the same time. I have never voted Conservative in my life but will this time. I'm supporting our country like a true brit should under any difficult circumstance and won't be commenting further.

Good post, I agree, and I'll vote Tory for the 1st time this time too.

We're leaving the corrupt, failed project that is the EU. The European Central Bank is printing money left, right and centre and throwing it around to keep a completely failed currency afloat. The poor countries are lent money to buy goods from the strong countries, who then pretend to pay for the bail-outs. That is turbo-Capitalism, but many are too stoopid to understand that!

The wheels will eventually come off the EU bandwagon full of corruption and self-servants.

Brexit is happening, despite the pleas of the remoaners. What we need now is a strong hand on the tiller, and May is the only one who can manage that.

For those that are looking for a soft-Brexit as a consolation, think about the punishment that the EU will dish out to the UK. It, now, has to be a hard Brexit or they will have us over a barrel and they will lash us day and night.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:18
The EU is doing to dish out 'punishment' anyway and if you think the uk govt (while it lasts) is any less corrupt than the EU then you're quite honestly deluded. The uk govt has long presided and supported tax evasion and tax havens. Remember the Panama Papers. What you quitters don't seem to understand is that we've got very little to offer in order of trade, thanks to the tories selling off public assets and industries apart from being the financial sector to the largest trading bloc on the planet! Now that's leaving there's going to be huge job losses and we're at the mercy of the most corrupt countries in the world with horrific human rights records i.e. Saudi Arabia, China, Turkey who are about the only people willing to trade with us outside of the EU. That's the reality here, time to wake up because the halcyon days of the empire are long gone!
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:25
Oh dear. I voted for the LibDems once to stop tuition fees and ended up enabling Cameron and Osborne to begin massacring the poor. I never forgave myself.

I'm gonna vote with my heart and support Corbyn. He'll probably lose, the Labour Party will then become the Liberals mark 2, Scotland will leave the UK and England will never have a left wing govt in power again.
Very sad.
BTW, what evidence is there for May having a heart? I agree she resembles Thatcher though.
Shudder.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:29
I thought Zelda from Terrahawks
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:41
jshell wrote:
For those that are looking for a soft-Brexit as a consolation, think about the punishment that the EU will dish out to the UK.

Ummm, but soft Brexit and no punishment is what every Brexiteer was promised and voted for! Yet now you say it's unattainable but we should carry on with hard Brexit! There's something very wrong with your analysis and please, please don't vote Conservative for the first time, you'll hate yourself long term, the reasons you didn't before are still valid. They're to do with basic morality.
jshell
333 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 18:55
Captain Starlet wrote:
The EU is doing to dish out 'punishment' anyway and if you think the uk govt (while it lasts) is any less corrupt than the EU then you're quite honestly deluded. The uk govt has long presided and supported tax evasion and tax havens. Remember the Panama Papers. What you quitters don't seem to understand is that we've got very little to offer in order of trade, thanks to the tories selling off public assets and industries apart from being the financial sector to the largest trading bloc on the planet! Now that's leaving there's going to be huge job losses and we're at the mercy of the most corrupt countries in the world with horrific human rights records i.e. Saudi Arabia, China, Turkey who are about the only people willing to trade with us outside of the EU. That's the reality here, time to wake up because the halcyon days of the empire are long gone!

What's your option? I mean, we're out. That's that.

When the wheels come off the Euro, and they will, every pundit knows it, what will we do then? Pay for it? No thanks, Jaques!

Stick with Merkel and invite every global waif and stray here? That's working for Sweden, Germany and France, isn't it.

The EU is corrupt. My boss had a friend who quit working in the Union in Brussels as she couldn't live with the herd suckling at the cash teats, she had morals.

What the fuck is it about the EU that attracts people? IS it the apparantley free cash? Coz I can't think of anything else. Is it the very Leftist ideals? I cannot figure it out!
jshell
333 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 19:00
nigelswift wrote:
jshell wrote:
For those that are looking for a soft-Brexit as a consolation, think about the punishment that the EU will dish out to the UK.

Ummm, but soft Brexit and no punishment is what every Brexiteer was promised and voted for! Yet now you say it's unattainable but we should carry on with hard Brexit! There's something very wrong with your analysis and please, please don't vote Conservative for the first time, you'll hate yourself long term, the reasons you didn't before are still valid. They're to do with basic morality.

My analysis changes depending on the now. My profession has demanded it. What was true yesterday, may not be true now and everything is fluid. I'm unburdened by being 'Left', 'Right' or 'Centre'. I am what I am and I see the good and bad in every party.

I don't know if Brexit will be good or not, but it's here, it's happening and we're going to have to kick and fight for the best deal we can.

Another thing, I once voted for Scottish Independence. But now, I want to stay and make Great Britain better, better for us the people of this pretty wonderful nation. If that means voting Tory, well it has to be. As I said, I'm unburdened by having to pin myself to one political stream... It's liberating.

There's not much choice now, so quit fucking whining (not you, just everyone!) and get your back behind it for the sake of all of us!
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 18, 2017, 19:09
Captain Starlet wrote:
I thought Zelda from Terrahawks

That's uncanny! She has kind eyes and I'm sure deep down she has a caring heart.
Pages: 37 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index