Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2017, 22:05
Re: Duterte update
Apr 03, 2017, 22:04
dhajjieboy wrote:
How you can conflate 'Abu Sayyaf ' {a declared Islamic/terrorist organization} operating primarily in the southern islands of the Philippines and there actions, with Duterte's unconscionable police actions that primarily target{for summary execution} desperately poor {primarily catholic} drug addicted, victims at the very lowest rung{slums of Manila} of their respective society, is something only you could possibly understand.
But obfuscation is a game you have repeatedly tried to play out here many times....
Well.......
at least I can link to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch as reference sources for the real truth at hand.
Yes, I know, if there is anything that I have learned from you and Phallus Dei{Cock God...???}{Seriously...???}....,it's that only the 2 of you are in possession of the 'Truth'....any other origins of reference are immediately suspect.....
I'm completely OK with my own resources.

If you open a thread and claim to be in possession of "The Truth" then why bother? The ISIS/ Narco Gangs running riot, murder and mayhem in the Philippines are the truth of the matter. They present an existential threat to the population and Duterte and the Philippine Military and Police have decided on the best way to deal with the problem. For some people in the West how the Narco Gangs and ISIS terrorists are dealt with is a matter of opinion. Some people from the comfort of pleasant middle class homes in Surrey think it is a little problem of some unfairly treated "drug addicts". The people of the Philippines disagree.

Some people in countries other than the USA disagree with the summary execution of ordinary people going about their daily business in America. They are routinely shot dead by cops who seem to have little else to do but kill unarmed innocent people for minor traffic violations, wearing iPods (which means they don't hear the single warning before they are shot dead) or for having a faulty tail-light.

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/1638F/production/_90432019_us_officer_killings_624.png

So it goes.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 22:20
phallus dei wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
Try as I might,
I did not achieve a 'Nuanced' point of view as regards Hitler after perusing that link.
Still an all-time asshole.{I know that you knew that....}
I suspect that hitler will certainly form at least part of the welcoming committee for duterte when he arrives in hell.
And so from the perspective of eternity, hitler and duterte have a 'LOT' in common.

Hitler was a madman who directed his hatred toward an imagined enemy (his paranoid visions of a Jewish conspiracy). Duterte is attempting to solve a real problem. They have nothing in common.

Hear! Hear!

The USA and Britain publicly declared an imaginary conspiracy about a force of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Except they knew damn fine there weren't any WMDs. So the conspiracy was ALL theirs. Then they carpet bombed the country back to the Stone Age, invaded and killed a million Iraquis, displaced millions more, created ISIS and sowed the seeds of a crop we will be harvesting for centuries.

Hitler will be welcoming Bush and Blair through the gates of Hell.

Duterte will on balance be able to defend his robust policing of murdering, psychotic Narco-Gangs and ISIS head-choppers, neck-hackers and chainsaw enthusiasts. St Peter will pause for a moment and look down his list and wave Duterte through to take his seat on the clouds with the cool dudes.
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2017, 22:25
Apr 03, 2017, 22:20
Here is a good Philippine source explaining the breakdown of the 7,000 that have died in the current drug war:

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/145814-numbers-statistics-philippines-war-drugs

As I stated before, the numbers include both killings done by police and killings done by the gangs. The two numbers are roughly even. It's therefore inaccurate to suggest that Duterte is mercilessly tracking down peaceful drug dealers and users and then killing them for no other reason than that he wants to be Hitler. He is, indeed, involved in a war. Undoubtedly, there are going to be cases where innocent people are wrongly targeted. However, given your support of Hilary Clinton, I find it odd that you are suddenly concerned with the loss of innocent life.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 22:40
dhajjieboy wrote:
How you can conflate 'Abu Sayyaf ' {a declared Islamic/terrorist organization} operating primarily in the southern islands of the Philippines and there actions, with Duterte's unconscionable police actions that primarily target{for summary execution} desperately poor {primarily catholic} drug addicted, victims at the very lowest rung{slums of Manila} of their respective society, is something only you could possibly understand.
But obfuscation is a game you have repeatedly tried to play out here many times....
Well.......
at least I can link to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch as reference sources for the real truth at hand.
Yes, I know, if there is anything that I have learned from you and Phallus Dei{Cock God...???}{Seriously...???}....,it's that only the 2 of you are in possession of the 'Truth'....any other origins of reference are immediately suspect.....
I'm completely OK with my own resources.

Narco Gangs. Chainsaws. Face peelings (then stitched onto a football - these guys do learn from the Mexican Cartels don't they?). Decapitated corpses piled high at the roadside. The Narco Gangs and ISIS have exactly the same modus operandi as one another. Utterly unthinkable terror and intimidation of innocent populations. Much of the killing of those involved in Narco Gangs is done by rival Narco Gangs, the Military and Police are probably running a poor second place on the score sheet there. Local people have formed militias to deal with psychotic rampaging Meth Heads. Good luck to them, because by the time the armed cops actually get to your part of town, the Meth Head will have eviscerated your granny, be wearing her face and be rifling through her handbag for her pension. The people of the Philippines know who and what the monsters are. And they are not looking at Duterte.

It is Narco Gangs and ISIS. Perhaps dhajjieboy would like to offer the Narco Gangs and ISIS some counselling and live with them in a commune or something like that.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 22:45
Here's an account from someone who claims to have been a member of one of Duterte's death squads before he was president:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/02/philippines-president-duterte-drugs-war-death-squads

He tells of one particular incident that has given him nightmares for years: in 1996 Lascanas and his team were ordered to kill an alleged criminal, his pregnant wife and his four-year-old son, who were all in the same vehicle at the time. “I attempted to rescue the four-year-old boy,” claims Lascanas, grimacing. “But according to our team leader since the boy ... had seen our faces, he could recognise us in years from now and identify us.”

It was on the personal order of Duterte, he claims, that they disposed of the family. “Mayor Rudy approved the recommendation of our task force commander, in front of us. To erase – meaning to kill – everyone,” he says with uneasy calm. “That was his specific order. That he’s OK [with it] provided it would be clean.”
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Apr 04, 2017, 02:04
I'm sorry to do this, but i'm locking this thread.
I see no reason to let 2 members of this site go on yet another mass murderer support circle jerk.
How anyone can constantly condemn the USA and yet give a festering gob-shite like duterte a complete pass, is truly a wonder to behold.

Remember......:

7000 summarily executed dead as of the beginning of this year.
That's what this thread was about.
Not pushing an Marxist agenda.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index