58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Will Holywood protest this one?
Jan 26, 2017, 21:54
dhajjieboy wrote:
This is why i will always consider myself a 'moderate'...
Honest discourse being such a rare commodity these days.
I don't think there is any "let's give him a chance" afoot here.
Not at all...
However, as much as it goes against my personal beliefs and politics, Donald Trump 'IS' now the president.
He 'did'win the election through due and uncontested process.
I'm not going to run around for the next 4 years ranting "the sky is falling", nor am i going to try and give everyone some false illusions about "bombing" the White House like Madonna did...and for the record, i think that was an inexcusable statement to make.
There is no getting around the fact that for at least the next 4 years, it's gonna be TRUMP time.
I still can't believe it myself, but i'm just gonna deal with it.
He ain't a king, he too is bound by immutable limitations.
Also....beyond a whole lot of lip service around 'these parts', i suspect no one is going to do shit about it beyond endless facile facebook postings...
I personally refuse to lower myself to the level that the Republican supporters descended to in stymying Barack Obama's presidency and by proxy, the USA.
I don't respect the man, i won't disrespect the office.
I know that if the worst thing that could happen to President Trump were to occur, it would almost certainly happen at the hand of an anarchist.
I don't support that at all.
Count your blessings, that thus far, Trump has said that the U.K. is first in line at the negotiating table.

I think you put that over very well dhajjieboy but as usual you will be crucified. I expect to get a ear-bashing to for having the audacity to also have an opinion.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index