Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2016, 12:52
Re: Election Day.........
Nov 09, 2016, 12:52
dhajjieboy wrote:
The 'sheeple' have spoken.
Trump is going to have it 'his' way.
Many will heed his call to round up and roust out in the area of 10 million unregistered Latinos here.
There will be guns.

What next dhajjie? It's your country. The rest of the world are quite in shock.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 13:30
Popel Vooje wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
The fuck of it all is that it appears thus far that only 110 million Americans actually voted.{about 1/3 of the American populace.}
Voter apathy...once again.

That and the fact that the opposition chose a rotten candidate.

I wonder if anyone else who was not so establishment as Hillary would of beaten Trump? I suspect so. It should have been an election about 2 different kinds of change - to give the electorate a choice. In effect the Democrats offered more of the same and America seems in the mood for change.

Still - more than half of America can now legitimately consider themselves the counter culture - should be good for a few good albums and books. Reinvigorate protest... what's the quickest impeachment so far?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 13:56
The only good thing about the US election is that it breaks the dynasty of politicians expecting to gain office. A second reason is quite beyond me though.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2016, 14:19
Nov 09, 2016, 14:14
I called it a landslide to Trump after watching countless hours of coverage and hearing so many pissed off white working class voters (who are still the majority of US citizens). It probably WOULD have been without the "pussy grabbing" scandal.

The markets, media and political classes are shocked.

Idiots.

The opinion polls don't work anymore. Who the fuck are on their lists?

As around the World, the American people wanted change. Bernie Sanders was cheated out of his nomination by the Democratic Party establishment fixers who put Hillary's selfish naked personal ambition before the interests of the people. And the wider world.

One change candidate versus a hopeless corrupt, unpopular pillar of the establishment. There could only be one outcome. They did it to themselves. Now we all have to suffer.

I don't blame people who feel hopeless - who've been ignored by the elites for far too long and shafted by Globalisation and job losses - for latching on to ANYTHING that gave them hope back. Even The Donald.

We could all have been celebrating a Sanders presidency today...

Fuck.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2016, 14:54
Nov 09, 2016, 14:51
Robot Emperor wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
dhajjieboy wrote:
The fuck of it all is that it appears thus far that only 110 million Americans actually voted.{about 1/3 of the American populace.}
Voter apathy...once again.

That and the fact that the opposition chose a rotten candidate.

I wonder if anyone else who was not so establishment as Hillary would of beaten Trump? I suspect so. It should have been an election about 2 different kinds of change - to give the electorate a choice. In effect the Democrats offered more of the same and America seems in the mood for change.

Still - more than half of America can now legitimately consider themselves the counter culture - should be good for a few good albums and books. Reinvigorate protest... what's the quickest impeachment so far?

There's hardly ever been an impeachment in a US president. Nixon, I think resigned anyway. But the tax laws are wrong in USA. Powerful countries and companies are so corrupt. The poor are taxed disproportionately. Trump actually loves Mexicans in private. What a perfect free trade economy the drug trade is. NO taxes! What a cunt eh?
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 16:00
Funny - the only election posters or badges I saw over the last fortnight in New York were those for 'Bernie', on a few students' bags and in a window. I then saw some folk waving 'Trump For Women' on the pavement outside Trump Tower - and, just before leaving a lad sporting a tee shirt that read "Hillary For Prison". A couple of friends over there, this afternoon are in deep shock. One of whom isn't actually a green card holder, yet has lived there for nearly thirty years.
phallus dei
583 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 16:40
thispoison wrote:

One change candidate versus a hopeless corrupt, unpopular pillar of the establishment. There could only be one outcome. They did it to themselves. Now we all have to suffer.

I don't blame people who feel hopeless - who've been ignored by the elites for far too long and shafted by Globalisation and job losses - for latching on to ANYTHING that gave them hope back. Even The Donald.

We could all have been celebrating a Sanders presidency today...

Fuck.

Very well put. A Sanders presidency would have been a much more optimistic outcome. But Sanders lacked the vision (and the money) to break with the Democratic establishment. He tried to play by THEIR rules, and predictably, lost.

Trump's an egotistical bigot, but he's done a great job at exposing the hypocrisy and arrogance of the ruling elites. He's like the bumbling court jester who has the courage to point out the Empire's failings. And boy is the Empire failing!

The Greek vote to reject their IMF bailout, the Brexit vote, the continued (and inspiring) political struggles in Iceland, and now the Trump vote - these all suggest that the neo-conservative / neo-liberal paradigm that has strangled the world since the late 70s is crumbling before our eyes. This collapse is not happening the way I would have preferred (aside from in Iceland), but it's happening. Out of this necessary chaos, perhaps we will finally begin to have the world we deserve.

Here are a few good things that have the potential of occurring with a Trump presidency:

The further erosion of the credibility of the corporate-controlled media. The continued growth of an "alternative media."

Further exposure of the cronyism that determines our "democratic" system.

The end (or lessening) of Saudi Arabian influence on US policies in the ME.

A turn toward isolationist policies, ending (or lessening) America's disastrous and imperialist polices throughout the world.

A turn away from the globalist trade polices that have destroyed the Western middle class and enriched the 1%. A rebuilding of America's infrastructure.

Personally, I'd also love to see a pardon of Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden, plus an end to the harassment of Assange.

We'll see if any of this happens. Probably not. But unlike yesterday, at least there's a chance.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 17:32
Rhiannon wrote:
I'm so sorry. I don't even feel as shocked as I should be, I suppose Brexit has already showed how short-sighted and narrow minded people here are, and why should the americans be any better. The world is mad. He's a billionaire claiming to stand for the people, who's repeatedly blatantly lied about many things, and was even recorded saying he'd grab women by the pussy - if people can't see any of that for what it is, and decide not to vote for him, what hope is there. Ugh.

This morning before switching on the news I dreamt of a mushroom cloud. I do hope that's not prophetic. Maybe just symbolic eh.

It is sad. Pick a horrific murderess of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Or the repugnance that is Trump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3729466/Child-rape-victim-comes-forward-time-40-years-call-Hillary-Clinton-liar-defended-rapist-smearing-blocking-evidence-callously-laughing-knew-guilty.html

Although Trump said he'd "grab a woman by the pussy". Hillary managed to get the rapist of a 12 year old girl off with 30 years imprisonment for child rape (he was allowed to walk). She laughed about it afterwards. There is a recording. It is chilling. Trump might be a blathering, sexist rich guy (who would deserve a punch in the face from any woman he grabbed), but Hillary was doing something much more horrific in my mind.
Hillary's track record in doing the Military Industrial Complex's work for them is similarly chilling. Six wars and two more promised. Remember she said that she WOULD "press the button" and that first strike was a legitimate defense... Hillary would be delighted to watch the mushroom clouds billow.

Brexit showed that people here can surprise politicians and that they can see that the emperor has no clothes. Brexit doesn't mean the 17 Million hate the French or the Bulgarians. They just don't want strapped to the nonsense Eu Euro corporate govt model. It doesn't work. Ask Greece.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2016, 17:52
Nov 09, 2016, 17:45
Howburn Digger wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
I'm so sorry. I don't even feel as shocked as I should be, I suppose Brexit has already showed how short-sighted and narrow minded people here are, and why should the americans be any better. The world is mad. He's a billionaire claiming to stand for the people, who's repeatedly blatantly lied about many things, and was even recorded saying he'd grab women by the pussy - if people can't see any of that for what it is, and decide not to vote for him, what hope is there. Ugh.

This morning before switching on the news I dreamt of a mushroom cloud. I do hope that's not prophetic. Maybe just symbolic eh.

It is sad. Pick a horrific murderess of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Or the repugnance that is Trump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3729466/Child-rape-victim-comes-forward-time-40-years-call-Hillary-Clinton-liar-defended-rapist-smearing-blocking-evidence-callously-laughing-knew-guilty.html

Although Trump said he'd "grab a woman by the pussy". Hillary managed to get the rapist of a 12 year old girl off with 30 years imprisonment for child rape (he was allowed to walk). She laughed about it afterwards. There is a recording. It is chilling. Trump might be a blathering, sexist rich guy (who would deserve a punch in the face from any woman he grabbed), but Hillary was doing something much more horrific in my mind.
Hillary's track record in doing the Military Industrial Complex's work for them is similarly chilling. Six wars and two more promised. Remember she said that she WOULD "press the button" and that first strike was a legitimate defense... Hillary would be delighted to watch the mushroom clouds billow.

Brexit showed that people here can surprise politicians and that they can see that the emperor has no clothes. Brexit doesn't mean the 17 Million hate the French or the Bulgarians. They just don't want strapped to the nonsense Eu Euro corporate govt model. It doesn't work. Ask Greece.

Christ, they all have to say that. Half of parliament, congress, house of reps are solicitors. They're smarter than you and me when it comes to the law. I like those footages in mad countries when they have a real fist fight in session. Those cats are mental!

Packing a Punch: Fist fights the norm in Ukraine's parliament - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Nov 09, 2016, 21:39
Bernie was Democrats only hope to appeal to the beaten up US workers.

I hope Trump is the type that will say anything to get elected but becomes surprisingly pragmatic when he has to run the country.

As for California, well the sun's shining and weed is now legal.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index