Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jul 19, 2016, 20:14
Re: trident
Jul 19, 2016, 12:46
Rhiannon wrote:
"You should get a vote as an affiliated union member on the leadership of The Labour Party." That's what I thought. But the wording on that link made me wonder if you had to also 'sign in' before 8th August? Ambiguous wording? or a way of removing even more people from the vote?

The trident thing is ridiculous, it's a classic example of the MPs voting the way they think people want to hear. Except I doubt many people have it has their top priority right now. The world's changed since the 1980s when i thought i'd go up in a puff of radioactive smoke. Who are these missiles supposed to deter? North Korea? Israel? Someone mad enough to fire one isn't going to care what happens to their own people. How many of the bloody things do you need. One for the whole of Europe would be enough, we could share. Glad to hear May would have no qualms about pressing the button. Safe in her bunker with her pot noodles while the rest of us are toast.

I do have a vote in The Labour party. As an affiliiated union voter. I've been working in the NHS for 23 years.

These people are not right. It should NOT be a private enterprise.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index