U-Know! Forum »
The Future of the Labour Party

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: The Future of the Labour Party
Jul 15, 2016, 12:37
Ah I see, thanks. Meetings are banned. Naturally. And their branch is being made an example because not only have they dared meet, they've been talking about how they support JC, and now they've proved they do with a vote. the heretics.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 15, 2016, 13:21
It's created a huge wave of fear now with people being afraid to say anything at all, in case of suspension, so people are 'plotting' unofficial meetings instead, as no one knows in which direction the party's supposed to be going, it's created a huge mess!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Re: Mark Steel
Jul 15, 2016, 17:35
Heavy satire but pretty much on the money:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyns-supporters-are-so-dangerous-they-took-over-labour-before-they-were-even-born-a7136711.html
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: Mark Steel
Jul 15, 2016, 18:08
Thank you for pointing that out, he's always so good. And the comments are overwhelmingly pro Corbyn, so unlike the guardian. It cheered me up. It's the emperor's new clothes when these bland blairites are accusing someone with dignity and actual policies (and actual support from the membership) with all the crap they're guilty of themselves. Cognitive dissonance.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Jul 16, 2016, 14:42
Lord Mandelsons take on things is more interesting than you'ld reasonably expect.

https://fixeverything.quora.com/Mandelson-blames-New-Labour-for-Brexit

Link to full audio of his speech at the bottom of the article.
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Jul 16, 2016, 18:42
Thank you for that. Haven't heard the audio, but not what I'd expected from him, even though a chameleon..wonder if that speech was a tryout in foreign climes prior to repetition at home, and what reception it would or will get. Anti austerity is the way to go, imo...an overdue and totally necessary revamp of our infrastructure. A couple of days ago I saw a forecast of the increase needed in our primary school capacity over the next few years due to an ongoing baby boom, for a start. This will require not just bricks but also staff, hopefully competent - from somewhere...but will doubtless be siezed upon and exploited by the private sector, particularily under this administration.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Jul 16, 2016, 20:06
Who wants to buy my vote? I'm selling mines for 18p and a Whispa bar. Any takers? Or is that corrupt and not right?

What the fuck are The Labour Party doing? The longest suicide note ever.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

David Graeber article in The Guardian
Jul 16, 2016, 23:22
One of my Political heroes writing about the influence of another:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/05/political-establishment-momentum-jeremy-corbyn
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Jul 17, 2016, 00:20
Sorry, dunno if already mentioned or linked, but, re the NEC...just caught Galloway on RT: those who have now been prevented from voting in the Labour leadership election are nonetheless still able to vote in the forthcoming NEC election in September. Can you guess what will - and should - happen, children? : ) In any rate, Unite is believed to be preparing to legally challenge the NEC's decision, and, failing or apart from that, there would be an excellent chance of success of class action brought by a group of people.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: David Graeber article in The Guardian
Jul 17, 2016, 09:33
I like the way it highlights that 'leadership' for Corbyn's detractors is about having a demagogue who tells people what to think. But for his supporters, a leader is there to represent their views. Quite a difference. Sheds some light on the endless back-stabbers saying 'oh he's a great honest sincere bloke but he's not suitable as leader'.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index