The Future of the Labour Party

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: The Future of the Labour Party
Aug 25, 2016, 18:43
http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/25/another-labour-purge-begun-time-massive-tweets/
Canary's going on about another massive labour party purge.
Is this going to stop in a month's time or is it set up to prevent events of late September from happening or what?
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Aug 26, 2016, 08:40
How much work must it take to trawl through individual's twitter comments to find something 'unsuitable'? The whole thing is really crazy.

I've voted now. which is nice.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 26, 2016, 10:49
My vote finally turned up yesterday, was a tough choice who to vote for that was!

The purge is ridiculous, people have been purged for things that were posted from 2013, and the spurious excuse that someone supported a Green Party position a year ago. I'm waiting for mine as I've supported a number of them over the years.
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Aug 26, 2016, 11:36
supporting green policies is hardly like signing up with the tories. I read that Mr Sainsbury had donated 2m to the liberal democrats and hasn't been struck off. Which shows you how absurd this all is.

It's funny isn't it, why don't they sit down and actually wonder why people want to keep Mr Corbyn. It's not a sensible answer to say it's because they're crazy trotskyists. But perhaps because he says something that resonates with people, resonates enough that they're actually getting off their arses and joining up. How do the new Labour lot actually explain it to themselves? And why are they not embracing this enthusiasm? One can only imagine it's because it would require them to take a long hard look at themselves and their priorities, and realise that yes, they are just a bunch of warmongering austerity-abstaining neoliberalists. If that's what they think the labour party should stand for then they're wrong and they should set up their own party for it (oops one exists already, it's the conservatives).

uhhhh
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 26, 2016, 11:47
A lot of them were placed in position under Blair and offered cushy numbers. Under Corbyn they'll now have to do some actual work, like oppose the tories! Can't be having that, like they should actually be working for their wages!

Yeah I think it's actually in Stevo's link Dr Gemma Angel (I think) supported the Greens last year or supported a post and wasn't even allowed to join up! John McDonnell yesterday condemned it all but there's not a lot anyone can do until after the conference. Assuming it goes ahead. Then the leadership challenge will be over and the new NEC in place
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 31, 2016, 15:19
Virgin Trains are offering discount tickets for travel to the Annual Labour conference on the Labour website. Presumably that must predate the hassle with Corbyn last week.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 31, 2016, 15:25
Their little spat has backfired somewhat! Also they're in breach of Data Protection Act about the CCTV footage

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-traingate-virgin-trains-row-cctv-sitting-on-floor-passengers-overcrowding-a7217471.html
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2016, 02:15
Sep 05, 2016, 02:10
Captain Starlet wrote:
Their little spat has backfired somewhat! Also they're in breach of Data Protection Act about the CCTV footage

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-traingate-virgin-trains-row-cctv-sitting-on-floor-passengers-overcrowding-a7217471.html

John McTernan is an absolute idiot. Really. He is a crazy man!

Used to be Blair's advisor. Jesus Wept.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Sep 09, 2016, 14:36
Corbyn seems to think that procuring prostitutes and Class A drugs by Vazeline is "a personal matter".
I cannot imagine those two young Eastern european men deciding that they really fancied getting ****** by Vaz. Unless they were getting really well paid for it. They must be desperate. That kind of desperate, exploitative Human Trafficking for the "Sex Trade" is what the Home Affairs Select Committee is pulled together to legislate against. Or maybe legislate for...
Procuring Class A drugs for trafficked young male prostitutes (I am presuming that the drugs were some kind of enhancement/ sweetener/ additional payment for having to get ****** by Vaz) is hardly " a personal matter" when legislation over drugs is another area where the Home Affairs Select Committee draws legislation.
Maybe Corbyn is too scared by Vazeline's imminent report on Corbyn and the Labour Party's alleged Anti-Semitism to criticise Vaz's utterly contemptible behaviour. Whatever, Corbyn shot himself in the foot and the head with his dismissal of this excellent tabloid expose as "a personal matter".
If it were you or I... we would be charged, appear in court, lose our job, prison sentence imminent or heavy fine. Thanks for reminding us of that Corbyn... and there is the future of the Labour Party's MPs... Privileged immunity from prosecution and prop up the status quo.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 09, 2016, 14:59
"Blair's advisor" says it all!
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index