Brussels ........

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Brussels ........
Mar 22, 2016, 13:28
What can i say?
I've been told numerous times here on this forum that all this 'stuff' is just "conspiricy theory" or just me being a "racist".....
and the like.
Better to just keep my head in the sand or just back up my own ass for even daring to broach the subject.
Have a cup of tea and carry on....
Sad sad world.
Gonna get sadder too.
{i know.....'Dhajjie is a cunt!'}
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2016, 15:43
Re: Brussels ........
Mar 22, 2016, 15:05
dhajjieboy wrote:
What can i say?
I've been told numerous times here on this forum that all this 'stuff' is just "conspiricy theory" or just me being a "racist".....
and the like.
Better to just keep my head in the sand or just back up my own ass for even daring to broach the subject.
Have a cup of tea and carry on....
Sad sad world.
Gonna get sadder too.
{i know.....'Dhajjie is a cunt!'}

But you're not saying anything. You're, for some unfathomable reason, trying to make an atrocity about yourself and your selfless fight for your truth to be recognised on this site as some unquestionable authority. You freak me out more than a little. Not a cunt yet, just someone leading himself into odd pointless arguments and self justifications. Problems at home?

For my part I believe we have somehow managed to help birth a millennial death cult, a terrorist movement with no clear aims or targets, just terror for terrors sake. How to combat that is the million dollar question. I suspect it is one of those situations where whatever is done will have consequences which will always lead to the conclusion that the wrong thing has been done.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Mar 22, 2016, 19:12
What an utterly predictable and edited reply from your good self.
Ugh....!
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Mar 22, 2016, 19:35
And what us the problem with editing? At least I am not parading opinions as knowledge. I found your post insensitive and inappropriate. If you are not in fact an idiot then you are doing yourself a disservice with your posts. Perhaps you should consider editing your responses, or is any reflection on what you have posted somehow morally suspect?

You make statement. Someone responds who doesn't agree and you immediately retreat into self righteous moral indignation. You are an intellectual coward and a bully. Frightened of debate. The very definition of polarised thought.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Mar 22, 2016, 19:47
crickets.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Mar 23, 2016, 14:20
There are those who are invested in provoking the worst impulses of Islamic extremists... manufacturing enemies to fight is what the corporate/military complex do best.

The exportation of terror to the west only began after the west screwed with the region. Iraq is an invention, a convenience for capitalists, not an organic state. We used Saddam to hold it together, then destroyed him when he went rogue, setting loose a chain of events that has escalated the dangers, MOSTLY to Muslims in the region. For every terrorist attack in the west, there are a thousand people dying in Syria or Iraq. We helped birth ISIS, and their worst has fallen on Muslims.

Maybe we've done enough damage. Maybe we need to reevaluate the futility of our meddling... and the expense. The whole bloody racket spawns from our imperialim... this is a resource war for us. For the other side, we are the invaders and usurpers and enemies who would try to control the destiny of their turf.

I think ISIS is abhorrent... that goes for the house of Saud, too... but at the end of the day, they have their side of the border and we have ours.

We should be incentivizing moderate Muslim states to take this problem on for a few reasons... one, it eliminates the natural distrust they have for western 'crusaders' if the change is happening within Islam. Two, it removes incentive for ISIS and others to fuck with us here at home. Three... the west is always playing the cavalry in these situations, and sometimes can hold the peace for brief periods, but we end up leaving those countries we occupy more unstable than ever. We're blowing trillions on a fool's errand.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Mar 23, 2016, 15:03
Well said Dave.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Mar 23, 2016, 20:22
A good reasoned{and respectful} response, albeit debatable in several respects.
I want to wait a bit for further global input before committing my own thoughts.
Thus far though...it seems to be round up the perpetrators and 'get on with it'.
Status quo.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited Mar 24, 2016, 18:39
Mar 24, 2016, 18:34
I can only add my thoughts to all this as my time permits, so here goes......

And really, not so much to rebut your thoughts either Dave, but just to add my own. I'm getting old enough now that {demanded} 'debate' just raises my blood pressure to alarming levels. To say nothing of how much it apparently reveals to amateur psychologists about my apparent state of mind... {never have suffered 'depression' mind...Just workaholism i suppose}

But things are looking dire. The current news feeds are reporting that a radioactive dirty bomb is not beyond considering and may have actually been in the works via kidnapping an official within the Brussels nuclear works....
And that's just Brussels.{that we know about}
But getting back to your posting, What could anyone have against Brussels? As a terrorist target?
This puts it in perspective for me. Indiscriminate mayhem and slaughter.
Not so sure it's so simple a thing as just 'ISIS' {for a name}......
And what faction?
If I understand it correctly, it's primarily Sunni's with Salafic and wahhabist indoctrination.....{or Jihadi John[where the fuck does he fit in]}{Boston marathon brothers}[etc.....][more to come]
Are we fighting disenfranchisement too?
Does every person from the middle east deserve the 'Promise' of a better life simply because they got across such and such a border?
So it's not down to just one ideology or ethnicity. Is it?
Identical cultural DNA aside.
Or the Taliban.
What's the common link to target or appease?
Is Islam the tie that binds? Or the difference of a prophet that divides? Or a serious culture divide with no hope of integration possibility?
It's an immigrants responsibility to merge into a preexisting society {with it's own equilibrium}and not buck it with insistence that their 'way of life' be catered to.
And so...That is just the problems amongst themselves, for starters.
And the beef against the world at large, I guess that would have to be a gross incompatibility with western civilization. How else to really account for the escalation of things as they stand.
Before ISIS there was the Taliban {and airline shoe bombers}...I can't believe the murderous campaign they have been conducting against their own children in Pakistani schools for many years now. To say nothing of world heritage site obliteration.
I don't think that 'western civilization' is totally culpable here.
You know, it's an irony of modern life that literacy may have a lot to do with things these days.
It's only recently in history that so many Islamist's could actually read and understand the Koran, and are conscripting so many of it's tenets that are call to arms against the 'unbelievers and infidels'...
Too bad that Islam does not seem to be an evolving faith.
Perhaps more later.

Edit:
PS: I didn't mention 911 because I have come to realize that is in poor taste to discuss. And 'they' had 'their' reasons.....
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Edited Mar 25, 2016, 13:14
Mar 25, 2016, 13:11
With the prominent contribution that the arms trade makes to the economies of the US, UK and others, what chance peace? Do these economies depend on the existence or creation of conflict? Discuss. And today, more reports of pertinent information on the perpetrators of the Brussels attack being known by one country and either being not passed on or acted upon if it was.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index