I'm so confused.....

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: I'm so confused.....
Nov 18, 2015, 23:04
It's sad...
but the world has many people that would gladly waste someone if they thought they could justify it.
It would be the culmination of their lives.
But that is nothing new. Primeval urges and all that.

Thanks for your thoughts in this thread Ian.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Nov 18, 2015, 23:09
Markoid wrote:
It's rather ironic that the most warmongering nation (IE you two) are fighting each other..and think guns are a good idea.

Yous know fuck all!

Ah yes... the old throw out anything and see what sticks schtick.....

Never owned a gun myself.
And from a historical perspective, America is a rank amateur compared to the collective histories of the U.K......
We'd need centuries to catch up.
And an awful lot of inbread royalty.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2015, 14:10
Nov 21, 2015, 14:08
billding68 wrote:
Julian Cope said....
The return of incredibly patriarchal religions. I don’t mean that about Islam because everyone knows I’m totally anti-Islam.
He is also anti Christianity to be fair but all you protectors of the faith of Islam you do realize that you are at a site that is dedicated to a man who is a Against the religion of Islam...Right? So by supporting Mr. Cope you are helping support his anti Islam agenda(haha) so for that I thank you. Perhaps some of you did not realize this again Julian said...
The return of incredibly patriarchal religions. I don’t mean that about Islam because everyone knows I’m totally anti-Islam.

I'm fully aware of Cope's opinion of Islam, it's not an opinion I take seriously as I don't consider his opinion to be an educated or expert one. I studied religion to gain an educated and unbiased opinion of religious ideas. So although Cope's perfectly entitled to his opinion on religion I'm more than happy to discuss religion as it may enlighten someone who believes it's responsible for all the world's ills
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2015, 16:05
Nov 21, 2015, 15:41
Captain Starlet wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Julian Cope said....
He is also anti Christianity to be fair but all you protectors of the faith of Islam you do realize that you are at a site that is dedicated to a man who is a Against the religion of Islam...Right? So by supporting Mr. Cope you are helping support his anti Islam agenda(haha) so for that I thank you. Perhaps some of you did not realize this again Julian said...

I'm fully aware of Cope's opinion of Islam, it's not an opinion I take seriously as I don't consider his opinion to be an educated or expert one. I studied religion to gain an educated and unbiased opinion of religious ideas. So although Cope's perfectly entitled to his opinion on religion I'm more than happy to discuss religion as it may enlighten someone who believes it's responsible for all the world's ills

I consider him to be a very intelligent man...
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 16:47
Intelligent in many things, sadly not in Religion.
baza
baza
1308 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 17:08
He seems to me to be intelligent enough to be against a religion which states in it's most holy book, over and over again, that he should die.

I'm confused as to why you, apparently more intelligent in such matters, thinks that that is okay.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2015, 17:10
Nov 21, 2015, 17:10
Well you kind of just proved my point there.
baza
baza
1308 posts

Nov 21, 2015, 17:27
Captain Starlet wrote:

LOL

So ends any worthwhile debate.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2015, 17:36
Nov 21, 2015, 17:33
baza wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

LOL

So ends any worthwhile debate.

If it's based on a misunderstanding of a text it wasn't really going to be worthwhile.

EDIT: If people only pay attention to a perceived negative it's pointless talking about it as those people never want to listen.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 21, 2015, 18:36
Nov 21, 2015, 18:32
Captain Starlet wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Julian Cope said....

It wasn't / isn't just Islam. In the key Drudion he expressed a fear of the infections of intolerance (mainly misogyny and homophobia, things unknown in rock 'n' roll apparently) allegedly carried by eastern Europeans in general. That's where he lost me. Last decade or so he's morphed into this post punk Julie Burchill. Except in his case I am not sure he is doing it just to get a rise out of intellectuals. Scratch a liberal and the 'Kipper is often not far beneath the surface.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index