67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited May 13, 2015, 13:24
Re: Cat Stevens...
May 13, 2015, 13:24
Lawrence said something pretty objectionable recently; but I think most semi-literate people understand that using firing-squad imagery to illustrate your dislike of something isn't actually a genuine incitement to violence.

When I say that advertising execs will be "first against the wall come the revolution", I'm not really advocating mass murder. I'm using an image to draw attention to depth of feeling. You can criticise the staleness of the cliché, certainly, but deliberately misinterpreting it as anything other than that is almost the definition of trolling.

Also, while Lawrence may indeed have been guilty of using racist language; I don't think I'm alone when I say that your obvious glee at this fact, and your use of it as a stick to beat him with - not out of some attempt to combat racism but because you take a petty delight in making the chap squirm - is really quite unpleasant.

I'm sure you sleep fine at night and have absolutely no qualms about what you say on this forum. It's who you are. But if I were you and found myself behaving in the way you do, I'd be really quite worried at the sort of person I'd become.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index