Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Rusell Brand - Revolutionist?????????????

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Rusell Brand - Revolutionist???
Oct 25, 2013, 21:06
It wasn't in the main news at all, couldn't cast a shadow on the tory conference.

Brand doesn't make me laugh at all, at best I just find him annoying.
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: Rusell Brand - Revolutionist?????????????
Oct 25, 2013, 21:07
He's an arsehole - an intelligent and articulate one, but nonetheless an arsehole. His hyper-inflated opinion of himself says it all. The Andrew Sachs affair did it for me. He can spout revolution and some of what he says makes a lot of sense in that regard, but I'm not about to put him on a pedestal when his opinion of women is so low.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 25, 2013, 22:04
I do think you've got him wrong. I might have thought the same thing had I not listened to hundreds of hours of his podcast. Cheeky telephone conversations were one part of the show, sometimes with Finnish employees of a Moomin theme park, or with the voice of Bungle from Rainbow. In the case of that Sachs thing, Sachs had been booked for the show and he hadn't shown up, so Jonathan Woss, his fill-in co-host, egged him on to give him a call asking where he was. He was winging-in it and, considering one of the few things he knew about Sachs was that he had a granddaughter in a dominatrix troupe called the Satanic Sluts who he'd slept with, it came up. Prob not the kind of thing a granddad wants to hear about, but it's not really that big a deal. That hardly makes him Bernard Manning.

The revolution thing's pretty tongue-in-cheek and glib, but Brand's definitely not sexist (a sex addict, sure, but that doesn't mean the same thing). I mean the dude sits and chats with the homeless once every week or so. How many celebs do that?
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2013, 23:48
Oct 25, 2013, 23:44
Russell Brand on Newsnight. At the start I feel Jeremy sets himself up deliberately to be put down. Brand poigniantly has the last word when he remembers Paxman making his genealogy programme which does hammer home his point. Recent Newsnight interviews have found themselves gaining a lot of traction on social media helping to prove Brands thesis.

http://youtu.be/3YR4CseY9pk

3,812,_ _ _
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 12:37
if you need to be told about revolution then you've already missed it, Brand certainly has
moss
moss
2897 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 13:27
Captain Starlet wrote:
if you need to be told about revolution then you've already missed it, Brand certainly has

You're probably right, but there again I was more interested in people's reaction to Brand. Revolution is part of the historic evolution of humans it happens all the time ;)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 14:05
Well where's he been during all the protests, the war marches, tuition fees demos, if he really gave a crap he'd have been there supporting it. I see this as just empty rhetoric from someone who, if he didn't say something controversial now and again his career would have dried up a long time ago.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 18:06
Well at least he's using his status to state the fucking truth! How many people with such high profile do that ? Instead, let's do the typical predictable. I don't give a flying fuck about his comedy or Manuel gate. He should be applauded for raising the fucking issue and bringing into the relatively mainstream for fucks sake!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 18:30
Astralcat wrote:
He should be applauded for raising the fucking issue and bringing into the relatively mainstream for fucks sake!

High five - the tipping point approaches...
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Oct 26, 2013, 22:18
Which point is he stating? The stupidity of not voting or the pointless of the empty revolution talk? Seriously we people can't think for themselves and see for themselves that this country's shit then we've got bigger problems than we thought!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index