CS Gas at Peaceful Protest

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: CS Gas at Peaceful Protest
Feb 05, 2011, 23:54
But let's not get too disheartened - the formal allegation was made by a Police colleague of the Sergeant in question...that's really positive.
I would recommend researching the wider circumstances of the case, if you want to try and formulate a balanced viewpoint.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 05, 2011, 23:59
We have to be careful, if "you" are wanting to be judge and jury on every case, without the full evidence, I think we are fooked.
Are you saying the Legal System is corrupt?
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Feb 06, 2011, 10:15
Yes, I am. It blatantly favours those in authority, especially state authority.

Please write your refutation on the back of the pension slips that we still give to the people who tortured the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Feb 06, 2011, 10:21
geoffrey_prime wrote:
if anyone did consider the Police response inappropriate, they should make a formal complaint.

As you seem to be missing the point of the football analogy - any such complaint is investigated by the police. They have a long and predictable history of exonerating themselves.

"Even allegations of serious criminal assault are now routinely left for investigation by the police, although just 1% of such complaints are upheld by the police."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/apr/08/police-complaints-commission

Very serious complaints - you usually have to be dead for this to happen - get investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

To take one case, they are the people who took the police's word for it that Ian Tomlinson hadn't had contact with them, who believed the rush-job autopsy, who believed the cops that there weren't any CCTV cameras in the area of Tomlinson's assault until citizens went round and pointed out the many that were pointing directly at the area concerned.

"the IPCC - whose task is to independently investigate the police - was able to show that organisations including the Police Superintendents' Association, the Association of Chief Police Officers and the Police Federation were "satisfied" with the IPCC's performance; but it had no idea how the people making the complaints found its service. The IPCC concedes this is a "weakness", but it is much more: it reveals an organisation that has failed completely to be outward-facing and customer-serving. It is culturally tilted towards the police forces it is supposed to monitor, and financially incentivised to rely on their resources."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/apr/14/ipcc-ian-tomlinson-investigation
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Feb 06, 2011, 10:51
Of course it is corrupt. It is biased in favour of the state/establishment heirarchy.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 06, 2011, 10:57
Feb 06, 2011, 10:57
My viewpoint is entirely balanced. I am aware of all the facts that lead to no other sensible conclusion than that of a disgusting example of physical and mental abuse by a representative of state authority that went unpunished. Deliberately. The appeal was a forgone conclusion in a charade of so-called justice. Yet again.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 08, 2011, 03:19
Don't flatter yourself by thinking I am missing "your" point. I get it very clearly...time after time after time..
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Feb 08, 2011, 03:22
And your "favour" point, is back to where you/this board ..and I will never see "eye to eye"..
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 08, 2011, 18:23
Feb 08, 2011, 18:15
edit.

I can't be arsed. Send me a postcard.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Feb 09, 2011, 21:09
So I have to wonder why you talk as if you haven't got it at all. And why you come here only to make yourself look as if you can't understand what happens here, then cloak it in allusions to the narrowness, posturing or naivete of those who are here.

bollocks, i fed the troll again.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index