Public Sector Workers - Reality Check

Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 01, 2010, 12:55
Yes, yes Merrick, but what about Roys appointment?

;-)
wychburyman
951 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 13:30
and while your at it ask the fucking biggest fuckwit benefit scrounger of them all to cough up a bit more.

The Queen's civil list money has been "frozen". Whilst public services face a 25% pay cut!

That's 600,000 workers who's lives are ruined, families put under stress and services that provide continuity and stability put under threat. Oh, and yes, 600,000 people who will no longer be able to buy goods from the private sector, But hey what does that matter, most of it is "service" industry or full of middle manager stockpiling and flogging foreign goods.

Finally, 600,000 who, if they all have pensions withdrawn will in future years need to rely on the State pension far more - adding to the tax "burden"

As ever, well said Moony, very eloquent.
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 14:21
Don't those blinkers start to wear after a while?
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 14:28
Merrick wrote:
stray wrote:
But hey, maybe you have similar ideas about certain groups of people on protests too Keith and Merrick. I dunno.

I certainly do see a hardcore minority turn up at peaceful demonstrations looking for a ruck, and turn up at confrontational ones trying to escalate the anger and increase the violence.

They even bring weapons with them and wade in to kick it off. At least they identify themselves clearly, wearing big fluorescent tops with POLICE on the back.

And NONE of the protestors look for trouble? None? you must let me know where you buy those Rose Tinted Specs!!
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 14:39
I know!
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 14:40
I still thinking you're judging though!

The funny thing about internet forums is how it polarises. If this discussion was going on in the pub or at work or wherever the converstaion would go backwards and forwards and everything would be fine.

But on the internet...

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

; )
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 15:16
keith a wrote:
I still thinking you're judging though!

The funny thing about internet forums is how it polarises. If this discussion was going on in the pub or at work or wherever the converstaion would go backwards and forwards and everything would be fine.

But on the internet...

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

; )

Hmm, not so sure...down the pub a fight could have broken out and someone would have called in the jolly old Peelers!

8-P
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 17:18
Re: Roy Hodgeson - new Liverpool Manager
Jul 01, 2010, 17:17
Saw this response to an article about what a great appointment he is on the Guardian website:

Only 9 away wins in his last 3 full seasons in the Premier League.

Only 39 goals scored in both his two last full seasons in the Premier League.
Never got more than 59 points in a full season ever with any club in any league across Europe during his career. Only managed 1.28 average points in the with Blackburn and 1.27 average points with Fulham in the Premier League, which is less than most mediocre English managers get with half decent clubs.
Not won a single trophy the last 10 years.
His biggest achievment the last decade is to reach a final in the UEFA Cup with Fulham, the same achievment Steve McLaren managed with Boro and O`Neill with Celtic.

63 years old when the seasons starts.

Cool! Still, he the boss and I back him.
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Roy Hodgeson - new Liverpool Manager
Jul 01, 2010, 18:50
What he's achieved Fulham is pretty amazing IMO. They were on the verge of relegation a couple of seasons ago.

Here's a couple of bits from wikipedia...

Guided the Swiss national team to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup and qualification for Euro 1996 when Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s.

Inter Milan
Before the European Championships, Hodgson joined Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan, where he worked from 1995 to 1997. He presided over a rebuilding phase. Inter had finished 13th and 6th in the seasons prior to his arrival. After a terrible start to the season, Hodgson was brought in and guided the club to a 7th place finish in the 1995–96 season, qualifying for the UEFA Cup. The 1996–97 season saw Inter finish 3rd and reach the 1997 UEFA Cup Final, losing on penalties over two legs. The side Hodgson built would go on to win the UEFA Cup in 1998 and finish runner-up in Serie A under his successor, Luigi Simoni.

And check out the quotes on the UAE section!

Yeah, good appointment I think.

And anyway, he's younger than David Bowie! ; )
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 19:25
Do you change kness when you're jerking, keith?
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index