Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 11:51
Re: Roy Hodgeson - new Liverpool Manager
Jul 01, 2010, 11:50
Too busy weening and sceneing, obviously.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 01, 2010, 11:54
Who is doing the judging? All I said was that that was the only time I've been assaulted. And it was bound to colour my viewpoint, don't you think?
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:55
I'm not neglecting anything, Stray. I just didn't like the way you tried to be-little Pooley. That was my perception anyway. If that wasn't your intention, then fine...
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:57
Squid Tempest wrote:
Who is doing the judging?

As you said "Understandably I think, I haven't had a great deal of time for the rozzers since then", it would appear that you are.
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:59
Amazing news. First decent manager you've had for 20 years!
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 12:04
No comment......!
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 12:14
keith a wrote:
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

Those police were bastards (as were a lot of the protesters, by the way) but not having been there, I cant really consider it as a personal experience...

Having not been there you can't really say a lot of protesters were bastards either can you ? Ever heard of Agent Provocateurs ? There were a fair few tales of there seeming to be a few of those at that protest.

I think what I'm saying is, as you say you have no personal experience, weren't there, and never are, etc, etc, um... shutup ?

Were you with your mate in the cells for 36 hrs? If not, does that mean you should shut up about that, too, seeing as that it's not your 'personal experience'?

I've got no 'personal experience' of whales being killed as you don't tend to see many being culled in the River Dee these days. Does that mean I'm not allowed to say it rather pisses me off slightly?

Was asked a question, answered it . Thats all
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 12:16
stray wrote:
Er.. well done Keith and Merrick. You're neglecting to understand the difference between your facile examples and the fact that Pooley is making an assumption on the way people behaved in a specific situation (based on press reports and his own presumptions about people that fall into a specific classification in his head).

Yes, I wasn't with my mate but I do actually know him, and have done for 15 years... so... I feel I do know when I can trust his version of events.

Basically, he's making a judgment on what happened with no experience of it, or any similar experience of other events to draw on.

'As well i know' Pooley. Yes, with many years experience of protest 'as well I know' that these 'troublemakers' are entirely in your imagination and that of the popular press. If such people do turn up they get isolated from the main group of protesters anyway and the main group do not follow them. The police can always, always, just deal with them seperately to the rest of the protest if they actually wanted to. Unfortunately they never seem to want to.

Edit : But hey, maybe you have similar ideas about certain groups of people on protests too Keith and Merrick. I dunno.

These people, who are in my imagination, get isolated?
Wow.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 12:52
stray wrote:
But hey, maybe you have similar ideas about certain groups of people on protests too Keith and Merrick. I dunno.

I certainly do see a hardcore minority turn up at peaceful demonstrations looking for a ruck, and turn up at confrontational ones trying to escalate the anger and increase the violence.

They even bring weapons with them and wade in to kick it off. At least they identify themselves clearly, wearing big fluorescent tops with POLICE on the back.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 12:53
keith a wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Who is doing the judging?

As you said "Understandably I think, I haven't had a great deal of time for the rozzers since then", it would appear that you are.

That is hardly judging! I'm just saying I'm not likely to ask one over for tea!
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index