Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 01, 2010, 11:03
keith a wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Oddly enough, the only time I've ever been assaulted in my life was actually by a group of policemen.

Y

If you are asking why they assaulted me, it was a case of mistaken identity. They accused me of being a member of a gang who had just raided a nearby offy, and proceeded to beat me up in the back of a police car, telling me they wouldn't stop until I admitted it. They informed me that even if I hadn't done it, they were going to get me for it. I was also subjected to a form of torture once they got me back to the station - standing me on a table with my trousers round my ankles while they fired questions at me for what seemed like hours. Understandably I think, I haven't had a great deal of time for the rozzers since then.
keith a
9565 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:15
And you reckon that kind of thing goes on now?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:22
It wouldn't suprise me. Obviously I have no proof either way. Seeing the famous clip of Sgt Smellie makes me think it is pretty likely.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 11:37
Jul 01, 2010, 11:36
Er.. well done Keith and Merrick. You're neglecting to understand the difference between your facile examples and the fact that Pooley is making an assumption on the way people behaved in a specific situation (based on press reports and his own presumptions about people that fall into a specific classification in his head).

Yes, I wasn't with my mate but I do actually know him, and have done for 15 years... so... I feel I do know when I can trust his version of events.

Basically, he's making a judgment on what happened with no experience of it, or any similar experience of other events to draw on.

'As well i know' Pooley. Yes, with many years experience of protest 'as well I know' that these 'troublemakers' are entirely in your imagination and that of the popular press. If such people do turn up they get isolated from the main group of protesters anyway and the main group do not follow them. The police can always, always, just deal with them seperately to the rest of the protest if they actually wanted to. Unfortunately they never seem to want to.

Edit : But hey, maybe you have similar ideas about certain groups of people on protests too Keith and Merrick. I dunno.
keith a
9565 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:36
Seems rather sad to stereotype every one because of one bad experience, Squid. That's not to undermine what undoubtedly sounds like a terrible experience.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Roy Hodgeson - new Liverpool Manager
Jul 01, 2010, 11:42
All the best. We're with you for now sir. Do us proud!

What? Everyone else has taken this off topic and I bet Geoffers is preening about it.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 11:44
Re: Roy Hodgeson - new Liverpool Manager
Jul 01, 2010, 11:44
Isn't he the screechy dude from Supertramp ?
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:46
No. But he too was up for the job!
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:48
Sounds like he could have got it with a screech like that.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 11:50
He lacked European experience!

;-)
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index