Public Sector Workers - Reality Check

Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 01, 2010, 01:37
I am amazed at how provocative I seem to be able to be. My "relief" was based on the fact that I can see both public and private sector being asked to contribute, relatively equally, to the effort to get the country back on a stable economic footing. Personally, I do feel the public sector are a little behind the curve on this subject...but the time is now to "catch up".
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 01:44
Honestly, I am sorry for anyone who loses their job..I could too, at the drop of a hat. I just want to see a government spelling out, honestly and reasonably, the budget we can afford, with options...and we collectively deciding, what we are happy to fund from our taxes. I dont think Labour did this very well...and I have high hopes that the coalition will....
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 04:13
Here in the US there are now very few long term jobs. Most people are at best skipping from one temporary employment to another. Individual states and cities are laying off workers fast, apparently due to their falling tax revenues. Against all odds Obama is trying to build up the unemployment benefits, welfare and federal jobs. Sadly as ever historically, most of America rejects this as big government meddling.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 06:58
Jul 01, 2010, 06:56
pooley wrote:

Those police were bastards (as were a lot of the protesters, by the way) but not having been there, I cant really consider it as a personal experience...

Having not been there you can't really say a lot of protesters were bastards either can you ? Ever heard of Agent Provocateurs ? There were a fair few tales of there seeming to be a few of those at that protest.

I think what I'm saying is, as you say you have no personal experience, weren't there, and never are, etc, etc, um... shutup ?
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 09:11
I've never had a bad personal experience of the Iranian religious authorities. Nor of a Soviet labour camp.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 10:14
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

Those police were bastards (as were a lot of the protesters, by the way) but not having been there, I cant really consider it as a personal experience...

Having not been there you can't really say a lot of protesters were bastards either can you ? Ever heard of Agent Provocateurs ? There were a fair few tales of there seeming to be a few of those at that protest.

I think what I'm saying is, as you say you have no personal experience, weren't there, and never are, etc, etc, um... shutup ?

Come now merrick, that's a bit foolish. You ask me a question, and when I answer tell me to shut up?? Is that really in the spirit of open debate??

I can say a lot if protesters are bastards. I wasn't at the g8 but have seen appalling behaviour elsewhere. You didn't bother to ask that did you??

I agree that police infiltrate these groups. But that does not account for all I have seen, as well you know

I gave list a lot of respect fir you. You seem more reactionary than ever, and a bit inept.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 10:16
pooley wrote:
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

Come now merrick, that's a bit foolish. You ask me a question, and when I answer tell me to shut up?? Is that really in the spirit of open debate??

Sorry, doing this on the iPhone. Didn't see it was stray. Apologies to merrick. Contempt to stray!!
I can say a lot if protesters are bastards. I wasn't at the g8 but have seen appalling behaviour elsewhere. You didn't bother to ask that did you??

I agree that police infiltrate these groups. But that does not account for all I have seen, as well you know

I gave list a lot of respect fir you. You seem more reactionary than ever, and a bit inept.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 10:17
Merrick wrote:
I've never had a bad personal experience of the Iranian religious authorities. Nor of a Soviet labour camp.

Sorry merrick. iPhone isn't the best thing to do this on. Assumed it was you, turned out to be stray
keith a
9570 posts

Jul 01, 2010, 10:48
stray wrote:
pooley wrote:

Were you with your mate in the cells for 36 hrs? If not, does that mean you should shut up about that, too, seeing as that it's not your 'personal experience'?

I've got no 'personal experience' of whales being killed as you don't tend to see many being culled in the River Dee these days. Does that mean I'm not allowed to say it rather pisses me off slightly?
keith a
9570 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2010, 11:02
Jul 01, 2010, 10:51
Squid Tempest wrote:

Oddly enough, the only time I've ever been assaulted in my life was actually by a group of policemen.

You've only ever been assaulted once in your life?

Is that really true?

If so, well aren't you the lucky one. You must have led a very sheltered life.

And ask your average police officer how many times they've been assaulted whilst protecting members of the public and they probably wouldn't even be able to give you an answer.

I'm not excusing what happened if it was a genuine unprovoked assault, but I do find this site to be rather pathetic at times. There's a discussion about govt spending cuts commenced by someone who has the audacity to have an opinion that differs to the majority here and it turns into yet another yawnsome and stereotypical "let's have a go at the police".

It's 1979 and I'm back in the 6th form.
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index