Public Sector Workers - Reality Check

Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Buck Flair
Buck Flair
796 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 12, 2010, 14:16
As a public sector worker, since 1984, who is employed paid for 37.5 hours a week but on average over the past 15 years has worked, 60 hours without overtime and spends 4-5 hours a day to get to work, and prior to that, can i please thank you for your comment as over the years I and many of my colleagues are obviously overpaid tossers
keith a
9570 posts

Jul 12, 2010, 15:35
If you're that precious about those tongue-in-cheek LFC remarks, then please ignore my posts in future. I had no idea that you were that sensitive. I thought it was good spirits. Hey ho...
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 12, 2010, 16:47
keith a wrote:
If you're that precious about those tongue-in-cheek LFC remarks, then please ignore my posts in future. I had no idea that you were that sensitive. I thought it was good spirits. Hey ho...

That's a lot of the trouble with this place. You think you are having a good natured discussion, otters just want to get all angry when you dare disagree!!
keith a
9570 posts

Jul 12, 2010, 17:04
pooley wrote:

That's a lot of the trouble with this place. You think you are having a good natured discussion, otters just want to get all angry when you dare disagree!!

Yeah, those bloody otters are always getting angry!

Sorry. Another childish remark! ; )
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jul 12, 2010, 17:09
keith a wrote:
pooley wrote:

Yeah, those bloody otters are always getting angry!

Sorry. Another childish remark! ; )

Ha. That bloody tarka got wot was coming to him,!!!!
joudicca
joudicca
360 posts

Jul 12, 2010, 17:26
poor innocent tarka
ChayCarle
13 posts

Jul 22, 2010, 11:10
geoffrey_prime wrote:
Might be contentious, but I am relieved that finally, Public Sector workers are going to be getting a feel for what many private sector employees have been enduring for a number of years - pay freezes, closure of final salary pension plans, reduced pension contributions..etc etc..

geoffrey_prime

Let me try and put you straight about us public sector workers. I’m a Vocational Trainer and Assessor at a Further Education College. I love my job.

However my salary whilst adequate for me to live comfortably is not huge. I was making more 15 years ago in the oil industry.

I and many of my colleagues work very hard to give our students a good experience. I am contracted to work 37.5 hours per week, but when adding the work I do at home both for my students and for my Continuous Professional Development I can often work 60 hours plus a week. No overtime pay.

In the 10 years I have been in the job our annual pay rises have been between 1% & 2%. Our union reps, and most of the staff, have been very responsible with regard to pay rises. We generally prefer to avoid the possibility of job losses and accept a small pay rise.

You obviously don’t understand the concept of divide and conquer.
ChayCarle
13 posts

Jul 22, 2010, 11:11
Now the rest of you:

If you don't stop squabbling I'll come down from Scotland and kick your arses
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jul 26, 2010, 01:48
I think you are missing the point... we, the taxpayer, are paying your wages..it is for us to decide, whether or not we value the service you are delivering. And, if the taxpayers of the UK ultimately feel like the ConDems have not delivered against desire/expectation on public service efficiency measures ..then they will be booted out....
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jul 26, 2010, 07:49
Hubris. Geoffrey. Hubris.
Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index