Pages: 20 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: Public Sector Workers - Reality Check
Jul 07, 2010, 22:12
CraigR wrote:
And sarcastically asking somebody if they have ever thought about anger management classes is civil is it? No. It's antagonistic.

Should I choose to reply (again) to somebody (who isn't you) asking them to desist from inviting me to lunch (again) in a firm (not angry) manor, then that is my prerogative.

Was worried about your well being. You seem troubled. Oh - the idea of a public message forum is that anyone can answer. What you seem to be after is a conversation. Maybe you should meet, maybe in private?? Seems to be what you are after!
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 22:28
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2010, 22:35
Jul 07, 2010, 22:29
lol that's exactly what I did.

See, pooley, we're social creatures. We're attuned to the tiniest little variations in the behaviour of others. I know a lot of it is lost in translation when we turn verbal face to face stuff into typed words on a screen, but still, we look beyond just the words, and see something of the intent.

So for example, when Geoffrey Prime suggests having a face to face discussion over a civilised meal, what I actually pick up from it is this:

"I am trying to score a point, and so I will try to make what sounds like a reasonable offer, in the sure knowledge that there is no chance in a million years that my 'adversary' will accept my offer"

So it doesn't come across as reasonable. It comes across as being snide, and somewhat cowardly.

Please note. I'm not saying Geoffrey Prime is either snide or cowardly, but that this is thge impression left by both his posts, and the context in which the posts are made.
keith a
9572 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 22:30
CraigR wrote:
................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll....................................
................lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-..*`*;..)..............................
.....................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../...............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*............................. ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---.........../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../.........................
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|..........................
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,......................
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,......................

Filmed on location at Anfield.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 22:37
does look a bity like Roy, gotta say :)
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 22:45
Fancy a Pint?

:-)
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 22:49
Fuck off :)
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2010, 23:06
Jul 07, 2010, 23:00
yeah, OK. This is kind of using a sledge hammer to make a point, but anyone reading the thread will understand that those words, in a different context, irrespective of smiley face, could be taken at face value, but when read in order, they say something very different.

stating the bleeding obvious I suppose.

and I've already had a couple of pints, while watching Spain totally out-play Germany
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 23:05
Do they fuck, you fucking fucker.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 07, 2010, 23:07
Belgium!