Dec 05, 2009, 16:16
No. Why?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: Climate-Cat's out of the Bag!
Dec 05, 2009, 16:29
Just had to wonder is all.
Bill O'reilly on Fox news spouts the same shit as you, Night after Night here in the States. His target audience is primarily bigots and non intellectuals. Just figured after reading some of your posts, that maybe it's a genetic mind-set.
Or you have stumbled into a conversation that you are grossly ill prepared to discuss.
Step up your game. Thus far, you are quite underwhelming.
Regards
D1
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 16:33
Poor show indeed. Your comparison suggests I'm right wing. hahahahaha.

Crawl back under your rock until you've something useful to say.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 16:42
Yes, i will.
Being under a rock, is far more interesting than conversing with your like.
You are one of those species on the NET, that feels you are OWED people's time, in wasted pursuit.
This conversation has been had many times here. Amongst people far more academically prepared than you.
Anyone with any sort of intellect, is quickly going to lose interest in you, and rather go trout fishing instead.
Regards
D1
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 16:57
Another empty post. Enjoy the darkness down there.
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 17:05
So we just have to trust them that their results are ok...

Just as well it's nothing important.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.

The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

The admission follows the leaking of a thousand private emails sent and received by Professor Phil Jones, the CRU’s director. In them he discusses thwarting climate sceptics seeking access to such data.

In a statement on its website, the CRU said: “We do not hold the original raw data but only the value-added (quality controlled and homogenised) data.”
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 19:42
Just as well the Met Office is publishing the raw data from hundreds of weather stations around the world over the last 150 years, then.
DarkMagus
170 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2009, 20:18
Dec 05, 2009, 20:12
Well, let's see how CRU used it, traced all the way through if it is the same data. Hard to tell really if you've nothing to compare it to! Judging by Harry Read Me they don't even know how they'd used the data they still have! Likewise NASA if they ever answer the FOI requests. Whatever the truth, it looks bad when both organisations resist releasing information they are legally obliged to. Rumour is the leaked CRU information is what was gathered for release prior to redacting.

For anyone who hasn't seen the source material, it's here on Wikileaks. Presumably this is the Russian website the MSM refer to but don't dare name. Business as usual.

http://88.80.16.63/leak/climactic-research-unit-foi-leaked-data.zip

Edited to add link to Wikileaks description.
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_emails%2C_data%2C_models%2C_1996-2009
DarkMagus
170 posts

Dec 05, 2009, 20:46
A choice quote from Harry read me.txt Scary.

The problem is that the synthetics are incorporated at 2.5-degrees, NO IDEA why, so saying they affect
particular 0.5-degree cells is harder than it should be. So we'll just gloss over that entirely ;0)

ARGH. Just went back to check on synthetic production. Apparently - I have no memory of this at all -
we're not doing observed rain days! It's all synthetic from 1990 onwards. So I'm going to need
conditionals in the update program to handle that. And separate gridding before 1989. And what TF
happens to station counts?

OH FUCK THIS. It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index