Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: Nick Griffin gets egg on his face
Jun 12, 2009, 10:07
Merrick wrote:
pooley wrote:
the only think I can find to complain about is that it was eggs rather than bricks.

This is the point that I made in our earlier discussion, that people all agree that disruptive and violent protest is justified. People only speak out against it if they think the particular case doesn't warrant it.

That's fine if that's someone's view, but it often gets hidden behind a cloak of false nobility that 'all violent protest is wrong'. I've yet to meet anyone who really holds such a position.

What we should really discuss on every occasion is whether the particular case warrants it.

Yeah, but the difference is I thought that in a moment of anger but, in reality, would never throw or a brick at another person. No matter how vile an example of the human race they are. I still do think that violent protest is not the way forward, and is more aboout the violent protesters desire to commit violent acts, and then justify them, rather than about any cause.

Pin out, hand grenade thrown, wait for flack.

PS, Merrick- their is a sweet shop called Merricks in a lovely town called Hitchin - you behind the counter????
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index