Re: Nick Griffin gets egg on his face
Jun 09, 2009, 16:12
Was it just the white?
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Jun 09, 2009, 16:18
You know, if this was anyone else I would feel sorry for them, rant a bit about how this form of protest is counter productive etc.

But, the only think I can find to complain about is that it was eggs rather than bricks.

I do agree, though, that he should be allowed to speak and be heard. Taking that away from him gives him a (slight) moral high ground, and I hate that.

Let him speak, then pelt the fucker
head-first
head-first
214 posts

Jun 09, 2009, 16:52
Join 'Unite Against Facism' here:

http://www.uaf.org.uk/

The BNP are a small political force in this country, but if they can form a coalition with other far-right parties across Europe they will be entitled to hundreds of thousands of pounds in party funding:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/griffin-tries-to-build-extremist-bloc-in-europe-1700174.html
ryaner
ryaner
679 posts

Jun 09, 2009, 17:29
Mike Stand wrote:
Was it just the white?

Nah, the yellow as well to go with the stripe down his back
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Jun 10, 2009, 04:13
Jun 10, 2009, 04:09
I heard on the news that he is quoted : This was the actions of a Militia organised by the other political parties.

This is what Hitler used as an excuse for Christalnacht, and Ian Paisley in 1969 when the troubles started - where he blamed the communists. Thank Oueff we have learn't the lessons of history.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jun 10, 2009, 09:32
pooley wrote:
the only think I can find to complain about is that it was eggs rather than bricks.

This is the point that I made in our earlier discussion, that people all agree that disruptive and violent protest is justified. People only speak out against it if they think the particular case doesn't warrant it.

That's fine if that's someone's view, but it often gets hidden behind a cloak of false nobility that 'all violent protest is wrong'. I've yet to meet anyone who really holds such a position.

What we should really discuss on every occasion is whether the particular case warrants it.
jshell
333 posts

Silly thing to do.....
Jun 10, 2009, 11:38
I think the attack with eggs was wrong!

By preventing Griffin from speaking there's some form of mystique about the BNP provided, which may actually get some people to support it and sympathise with him. By allowing Griffin his (democratic) right to speak and air his views, the mystery is broken and we all get to see him for the person he is, consequently the BNP will disappear from politics - hopefully!

Hitler used the same tactics: Arrange a meeting somewhere contentious, tip off the opposition, they'd turn up and there'd be a bloody riot and Hitler could then take the moral high ground. We all know what happened next.....

Labour is the biggest provider of support for the BNP due to their policies and actions over the last terms of government. Well done Gordo!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Jun 10, 2009, 11:46
I wonder how he'll cope with accepting those 'European wages' now.
He better not, the sell out.
Oh, and if you look at their webstie you'll see that they more than welcome donations from British 'ex pats'.
x
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Re: Silly thing to do.....
Jun 10, 2009, 12:13
I agree whole heartedly. Let the press have a go at him and sooner or later he will reveal what he is really like.

Peace , Lubin
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index