I'm sorry

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: I'm sorry
May 13, 2009, 14:27
It's all a ruse to sneak in a lovely big per-diem for themselves.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

May 13, 2009, 21:29
head-first wrote:
Peterborough MP Stewart Jackson has confirmed the Telegraph's report that he had made a claim of £304.10 for the upkeep of a swimming pool.

The thing Jackson is too witless to realise is that there's no way anything he can say can make it look reasonable.

As soon as people see words like 'swimming pool', 'tennis court', 'chandelier' and - my favourite - 'moat' it says 'vast luxury like you and everyone you know never get', and there's nothing that can convince us it can be 'reasonable' for us to be paying anything towards it.
head-first
head-first
214 posts

May 14, 2009, 11:35
I agree. Making claims for moats and swimming pools adds insult to injury, and alienates voters even more.

To be honest though, I'd still be offended if they'd claimed for more mundane things. The fact is, they're getting free money for things that the rest of us would have to pay for. We have to learn to live within our means, and so should they!

Sadly, this is making me question why I bother to vote.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Edited May 14, 2009, 12:13
May 14, 2009, 12:12
Appalling. Shocking? Well, no. These are the people that sell everything we own to private companies, that love tax dodging super-rich filth that allow them on to their boards of directors. They steal and tax dodge? Well, yeah, of course they do. Utter scum.

Meanwhile local government pay offer - 0.5% that will be withdrawn if not accepted by June. We must show restraint, you see. Cunts.

If the BNP are standing vote for anyone else. If they're not then why on earth fucking bother?

x
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

May 14, 2009, 13:32
Today's revelation - £16k for a mortgage that did not exist. Why is that not fraud or embezelment, neither of which is pardonable with a "sorry I made a mistake" plea. That bloke should be in prison by now.
head-first
head-first
214 posts

May 14, 2009, 14:05
In addition to claiming £16000 for a mortgage he'd already paid off, Elliot Morley allegedly rented out his London flat (designated as his main residence) to another Labour MP, who in turn claimed back the £1000 a month rent he paid to Morley!!!

A Tory MP has resigned, saying:

"Due to an error of judgement in accepting advice from the fees office I have let a lot of people down".

That damned Fees Office, misleading our politicians...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited May 14, 2009, 14:10
May 14, 2009, 14:07
My favourite was Blears waving the cheque for £13K for the tax she'd been dodging. I miss working in the public sector when I was so stuffing my pockets I could easily scribble of a cheque for that on demand.

Best quote i've seen about this:

New Labour MPs, with their home improvements and their little property empires, use the expenses system to get away from the working classes as fast as they possibly can. Tory MPs with their moats and country homes and porticoes (whatever the hell they are) have already got away from the working classes as fast as they possibly could and now use their expenses to shore up the defences.
Chicken Yoghurt
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

May 14, 2009, 23:14
"I miss working in the public sector when I was so stuffing my pockets I could easily scribble of a cheque for that on demand."

xactly. That other cunt who claimed mortgage payments after the mortgage was paid - you know, I'm so loaded that if the landlady decided to stop charging me rent I probably wouldn't even notice that the money had stopped coming out of my bank account for a few months.

x
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited May 14, 2009, 23:46
May 14, 2009, 23:43
Got a phone call today from some lady from the Labour party. Just a few questions... Who did I intend to vote for in the next election. Who did I vote for in the last election. All that kind of thing.

Nice lady. Very civil phone call. I answered honestly that I intended to either spoil my ballot paper or vote green, that I'd voted labour in '97 etc.

But after the questions, she came off script and opened her heart a bit. I can't remember exactly what she said, but she sounded really tired and disillusioned. I felt sorry for her really. Just some grass roots party member, who's probably getting shouted at hundreds of times a day.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

May 15, 2009, 03:50
Of course the media is enjoying this...it's fuelling yo to write what you are writing...and thus the frenzy intensifies!
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index