8)
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Apr 07, 2009, 20:12
Re: police thugs
Apr 07, 2009, 20:11
PMM wrote:

shanshee_allures wrote:

No, not shut up, but the other, oh fuck yes.
Please answer me honestly the last time you were brutalised by the police, in your everyday life. Please.
x

What???

So you have to get beaten up by the police before you should express an opinion about police wading in against peaceful protestors?

Oh Jesus Christ on a Cross that's not what I'm saying, and I think you know it. I don't think either the police nor protestors have got a perfect balance when it comes to conducting themselves. There are 20 odd parents holed up in a primary school up here right now, protesting against its closure and I find it heroic. No as yet has been battered or nowt. Something has went right.

PMM wrote:

I've certainly been stopped while going about my normal business. No I didn't get smacked around the head with a baton.

Yes, and so have I been stopped, and no, I haven't been smacked around the head either.
So my agreement with J.T's post is that in other countries that happens everyday but not this one.
Geddit?
Too many fantasise that it does.
x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:12
I don't understand. Did I equate living in Britain with living in Zimbabwe? I'm talking about what happened in London last week, not everyday life in Britain.

Why does 'you're lucky you're able to criticise' always have to also mean 'so stop it'?

x
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:12
Well of course I do. I watch the pictures of the person kicking in the windows and I think "you fucking idiot"

The media get their pictures. The State gets the justification to use more oppression against protestors. Ordinary people who want to make their point are discouraged from attending the next one.

So why do the police use tactics designed to inflame the situation?
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:15
shanshee_allures wrote:

Too many fantasise that it does.

Seconded!

If the thread was called Protestor thugs I think there's be a few different reactions! But no one ever thinks of that!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:16
sttomas wrote:
If the thread was called Protestor thugs I think there's be a few different reactions!

Like this one you mean?

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/u_know/topic/52452
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:17
I was having a laugh mate because your post sounded like you may be living under Mugabe - which indeed isn't very funny to joke about at all for the poor souls who do.

I may join the village pump the rest of this evening and talk about pies and puddings. This forum gets a little too tense for me at times.

8)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:37
mojojojo wrote:
"To be honest, the threads about the G20 here on u-know have surprised and depressed me."

I agree. I'm totally bemused. the police are clearly used to protect the rich and powerful and suppress legitimate protest with violence and it's stupid and naive to say that's wrong?

x

so right
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: GROW UP!
Apr 08, 2009, 01:50
Turkey will get there... in the main, it's a great country.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: GROW UP!
Apr 08, 2009, 02:25
I'm sure you love human rights abuse, don't you Geoffry?
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index