U-Know! Forum »
police thugs

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: police thugs
Apr 07, 2009, 19:34
So these ones maybe...weren't peaceful and unarmed?
x
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:34
dave clarkson wrote:
If the police force gave 'orders' out to 'attack' a crowd then they wouldn't last 2 minutes within public opinion.

Did you watch that video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJRi7YR1bU

What do you think is going on there?

It's a tactic I've seen with my own eyes repeatedly, and the wealth of information from events like Orgreave, Grunwick, Greenham Common and countless others make plain that it's nothing new (The kettling-as-standard aspect is new, it came in around 20010. The attacks on crowds
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:36
Jim Tones wrote:
It's all very well when you get hippies complaining about the U.K. Police force- they should think themselves lucky that they weren't born in France, Germany or Turkey etc.- as the Police don't fuck about over there- you start acting up and they'd whip you into a jelly in minutes!

U.K. Anarchists?
No such thing , more like Bone Idle Middle-Class Wankers who more often than not have a fear of proletarian folk if the truth be known!

Oh and please don't anyone reply with some overblown student style rant, no doubt perfected throughout countless years sitting in your chewing-gum-grey Y-Fronts- 'debating' the 'revolution'-
FFS, wake up to the real world instead!

So what you're saying is that we should shut up and count our blessings that we're not being brutalised more than we are?

The rest of the "good points you agree with" do indeed seem to be a load of offensive bollocks.
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:37
I personally believe that we all have valid viewpoints, albeit some certainly appear harsh and possibly tarnished.

But what's the alternative to the Police in general?

An anarchist state?
Army control?

I honestly feel that no-one here want to even contemplate the alternatives. Yes, the are some knobheads in the Police force ... perhaps too many that like inflicting pain on other human beings ... perhaps simply control freaks ... but they (i hope) are the minority.

I always recall someone saying that all the Police were simply thugs with a badge ... and that's what I feel we are forgetting, as it's that badge that makes the difference and keeps law and order.

I for one am prepared to live with a few arseholes in Police force to know that I can sleep relatively protected at night.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:39
The problem as I see it is not with the existance of a police force, but with the fact that they have a political role.

If the state acted on behalf of us all, this wouldn't be so much of a problem.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:44
PMM wrote:

[So what you're saying is that we should shut up and count our blessings that we're not being brutalised more than we are?

No, not shut up, but the other, oh fuck yes.
Please answer me honestly the last time you were brutalised by the police, in your everyday life. Please.
x
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:55
"Do you really think they just spontaneously decide to form lines around a crowd, refuse to let anyone in or out then baton them?"

Your view is correct in suggesting premeditated crowd control techniques but is spin if you are implying that batons are used as normal practice in all cases of crowd control. Batons are always a last resort so I believe.

8)
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 19:56
shanshee_allures wrote:
No, not shut up, but the other, oh fuck yes.
Please answer me honestly the last time you were brutalised by the police, in your everyday life. Please.
x

What???

So you have to get beaten up by the police before you should express an opinion about police wading in against peaceful protestors?

I've certainly been stopped while going about my normal business. No I didn't get smacked around the head with a baton.

Being on a demo is not "everyday life" shanshee. I doubt if even Merrick demonstates on a 9-5 basis.

To be honest, the threads about the G20 here on u-know have surprised and depressed me. Nobody is arguing that we should abolish the police. But it is right to criticise them when they use the tactics that they did. Don't you think?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:00
It's OK to question the police - I'm in favour of that too

It's also OK to question the behaviour of the protestors as well don't you think??

8)
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Apr 07, 2009, 20:03
"To be honest, the threads about the G20 here on u-know have surprised and depressed me."

I agree. I'm totally bemused. the police are clearly used to protect the rich and powerful and suppress legitimate protest with violence and it's stupid and naive to say that's wrong?

x
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index