police thugs

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Apr 09, 2009, 13:57
Re: police thugs
Apr 09, 2009, 13:54
"Yet you feel qualified to comment on every public order police operation ever in saying that they don't baton peaceful people."

I didn't say that - I said I believe that they don't go out of their way to knock people around. Re read it - the clue is in 'go out of their way'.......and yeah OK I'm wrong on this occasion. We all get things wrong occasionally you know.

8)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 14:17
I'll take your word for it - I'm mentally exhausted with the thread.

8)
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 15:39
Can you clear up the ambiguity in your post?

when you say you're wrong 'on this occasion', do you mean 'I'm often right but have found I'm wrong with this assertion', or do you mean 'police did in fact attack people on this one occasion, but they don't do it at other times'?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 16:33
"when you say you're wrong 'on this occasion', do you mean 'I'm often right but have found I'm wrong with this assertion',"

No - that implies to a certain degree that everything i believe is often proved to be correct, but not in this instance. I've not made that claim.

".. or do you mean 'police did in fact attack people on this one occasion, but they don't do it at other times'?"

No - that implies that I believe that police have never done it outside this one occasion. I've not made that claim either.

If you suggested the following then you would be correct...

"From the evidence i've seen on the clip, it is apparent that some police officers did attack people on this occasion. This isn't the only occasion where police officers have acted unethically as there are other cases too. However, I don't think the collective objective of the police force as a whole is to set out purposefully to brutalise people."

8)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 16:35
laresident wrote:
We will not have wrong opinions expressed on this forum. All those wishing to express wrong opinions, will be sent to other forums.

You're wrong.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 18:26
Hah! Another dissenter winkled out. Off to the Stadium with you.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 18:53
Police. Some of 'em are twats. Some of 'em ain't. A lot like people really.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

An Apology To Mr Tones and Mr Clarkson
Apr 09, 2009, 19:07
I must admit that when I read this thread through the first time, I flew off the handle about you two over on the biscuit board. Since I recently posted on The Pump that we don't talk about people behind their backs "over there", now that I think about it, I feel a right hypocrite, because that is exactly what it was that I had done.

Let me explain.
I feel very strongly about police brutality, as I have suffered it myself in the past, as I explained elsewhere on this thread. When I read your posts standing up for the police, I wrote on the biscuit board questioning at what point you had all become The Daily Mail faction of HH, and that I considered people who took such views on the police as "the enemy". This was written somewhat in the heat of the moment, and I should never have said something like that behind the backs of two people that I have not only met, but enjoyed the company of.

Part of the point is that I still don't agree with the views that you have expressed elsewhere in this thread, but that I would truly like to apologise for my unthinking hypocrisy. I hope that you can understand all this, and won't think too badly of me.

Squid
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: An Apology To Mr Tones and Mr Clarkson
Apr 09, 2009, 19:22
No problems mate - thanks for your honesty.

I also need to make myself a bit clearer I think. I'm not anti or pro police and I have had my own experiences which i would rather not go into on a public forum but they are quite heavy ones.

The comment i made about Zimbabwe I admit was crass and not in good taste and apologise to mojojojo and everyone for that.

I don't read the Mail either - only the express ;-)

8)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: An Apology To Mr Tones and Mr Clarkson
Apr 09, 2009, 19:23
GERRINTHEBACKUVTHEVAN!!!!!!!!
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index