Steiner Education

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

One thing..
Jun 10, 2002, 13:21
Noone has mentioned was Steiner's thinking regarding the cyclical nature of the universe, he actively promoted expression in this manner, from architecture to personal expression via text books. I used to often visit Elmfield Steiner School, and it was marvellous to see the children not using ruled leaves, and writing in as many colours as they wanted, if they wanted to write about the world around them, they can express it how they wish/are best suited, rather than copying parrot-fashion in lines and rows. Keep that line serpentine!!!

When the school I taught at changed to national curriculum, I saved many handwritten and typed documents from Michael Wilson (they were being thrown into a skip!!) the pioneering colour therapist who was one of the schools founders. The stage in the assembly room had a gigantic 'cyclorama', a coloured amphitheatre rigged to lighting controllers (guess who blagged the voluntary light tech position ;-) , it rocked!!

I have many paintings saved from the skip also, from the 1930'-50's, in fact, one of these 'veil' paintings is the only thing I will hang in my bedroom. It is peace. Embodied

To me, that is.

*be*
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index