35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Steiner Education
Jun 06, 2002, 18:59
Hi GiW,

Although I went to a state school, I taught some curative education at an ex-Waldorf/Steiner school in Worcestershire. Luckily (yes it was great!) I was sent away to study the '12 Human Senses' in Cornwall at the Peredur Trust, which gave me much insight into the widely varied mindblowing/ sometimes kooky and very gentle nurturing, sense-revealing world of Anthroposophy. I agree with FW in many ways that the biggest problem with a vastly differing educational system from the 'norm' is re-integration outside of school, although it has to be said that often many kids who seem freaked out come from parents who sent their kids to a Steiner school on account of it being 'far out' and 'cosmic' enough to justify the input.

The only way to check it out is to go along and have a long talk with the teachers there, I have met many wonderful people via Anthroposophy (Spiritual Science) and believe that Steiner and others were way ahead of our tim in many ways, yet a little too blinkered to foresee the integration and shortcomings of such a system.

That said, my kids (should I have any) would be taught there. The world would be a better place, being embarrassed at eurythmical outpourings is Bothma gymnastics is far less of a trauma than the cut and thrust of inner-city bully-dom and goal-clawing ;-)

Yer takes yer choice :-)

Please email me if you want any more info, I have many contacts.

http://www.steinerwaldorf.org.uk/

* b e *
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index