Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: It's Too Fucking Good For Him...
Dec 14, 2008, 16:03
cHARLIE wrote:
You don't have children do you.

That is, as Vybik points out, completely irrelevant.

Firstly, because there are children in my life who matter immensely to me.

But most pertinently we're not talking about revenge for a crime committed against your own kids (assuming, as seems likely, that the dead guy didn't sexually assault ToneStone's kids).

cHARLIE wrote:
In a way you are being as extreme with your response Merrick.

Indeed. I was being as extreme about other cases to point out the extremity of ToneStone's post. I hope nobody here thinks I actually advocate any of those things. Except maybe the dogshit one.

cHARLIE wrote:
Revenge is a crazy thing indeed, I'm not saying its right, just pointing out that it happens with humans.

I do understand a desire for vengeance, especially in a case where you or those near to you have been wronged.

I just don't think that a generalised society-wide approval of it is justified. you're not saying it's right. ToneStone *is*, and that's unjustified and stupid. That's my point.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Dec 15, 2008, 09:17
Ok fair enough I take your point.

8O)
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Dec 15, 2008, 09:24
That was the point I was making dude ... we simply don't know why this person was killed the way he was. It looks like revenge tho. Who knows? ..the only point I was trying to make was I find it hard to show compassion towards people who hurt children. I am sick of seeing it on the T.V. and reading about it.

(((charLiE)))
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Dec 15, 2008, 10:27
Point taken, cHARLIE.

x
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2008, 11:12
Dec 15, 2008, 11:11
Merrick wrote:

cHARLIE wrote:

I love my nephews dearly and I used to think I understood and empathised with children but it wasn't until my daughter came along that I really did. Many of the same elements were there but having one of your own takes it to another place.

It would irritate me when people would say such things to me as I thought it a bit smug of them, but it's actually just the truth.

Kids can send your head and heart all over the place for all sorts of reasons. Nothing can prepare you for it. It's the most intense you'll ever feel about anything. I just wish more people would decline form having the blighters if they really don't feel up to it. Another matter.

So as much as my idea of how this makes me feel and how I think I'd respond conflicts with Charlie's I can't say he's right or wrong.
The only academic argument here is is it ever 'right' to mutilate someone's genitals?

Eh, no. And to me this looks more along the lines of Mooncat's post.
If it was the actoins of a vengeful parent I'd be really surprised, just by the actual nature of the attack.

x
Wiggy
1696 posts

Dec 15, 2008, 12:02
Well, at least they didn't get the neighbor by mistake, or a local paediatrician.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

An eye for an eye
Dec 15, 2008, 13:49
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/12/14/iran.acid.justice/index.html
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2008, 16:30
Dec 15, 2008, 16:30
shanshee_allures wrote:
Merrick wrote:

cHARLIE wrote:

I love my nephews dearly and I used to think I understood and empathised with children but it wasn't until my daughter came along that I really did. Many of the same elements were there but having one of your own takes it to another place.

It would irritate me when people would say such things to me as I thought it a bit smug of them, but it's actually just the truth.

Kids can send your head and heart all over the place for all sorts of reasons. Nothing can prepare you for it. It's the most intense you'll ever feel about anything. I just wish more people would decline form having the blighters if they really don't feel up to it. Another matter.

So as much as my idea of how this makes me feel and how I think I'd respond conflicts with Charlie's I can't say he's right or wrong.
The only academic argument here is is it ever 'right' to mutilate someone's genitals?

Eh, no. And to me this looks more along the lines of Mooncat's post.
If it was the actoins of a vengeful parent I'd be really surprised, just by the actual nature of the attack.

x

As ever I agree with the lovely shanshee.
It does seem like a smug thing to say, but when my little girl came along I understood. Other peoples children are great, and you can love them dearly - I have many nephews and nieces that I think the world of. But your own kid is a completely different ball game.

You have to have them to know, however smug that sounds!!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Dec 15, 2008, 16:44
On the contrary, the people I know who do have children of their own say that it's a more potent version of what they experienced with friends & relatives kids.

And yeah, you are smug, pooley. Not about this, just in general.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

An Idiot For An Idiot
Dec 15, 2008, 16:46
There'll be a good few on here in support of that idea!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index