Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 14, 2008, 10:53
tinky10675 wrote:
Dave wrote..I'd like to see the USA help change the way it consumes energy first. We waste gigantic amounts of it.
So in the past 46 years Dave how exactly have you fixed this issue im just wondering...or do you need another 46 years? im just asking

Well, Tinky, I'm not an engineer, so to answer your question, I've done what I can, which is simply to not use more than needed.
And I've been advocating for clean energy and energy conservation all my life.

What I can't figure out is how you claim to be a green and at the same time defend the 'right' to live a bloated, overprivileged, war-maintained lifestyle. You're a walking contradiction.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 10:57
NIGEL - I understand your frustration at Tinky's position, but throwing in an insult isn't going to help things. It makes it less likely that the person being insulted will defend or rethink their statement, and more likely that they'll just feel victimised or (as Tinky's proved so capable at doing) respond with further insults.

The best way to show someone up who's not making any sense is to stick at the facts of what they say and not give them the getout of a slanging match. If we're so right then the arguments themselves are enough. If they're walked through why they're wrong they'd have to be pretty big to own up straight away, but we all know from personal experience that if we're beaten in a discussion we can find ourselves saying the things that were said against us later.

TINKY - I repeat; whatever Dave has or hasn't done doesn't have anything to do with your morality or the tenability of what you say. Resorting to 'well if you do any of it I can do as much as I can' is a flimsy argument and just makes you seem desperate. Baiting other people won't work as a distraction from the inconsistencies in what you've said.

Earlier in this thread I asked you several simple, straightforward (and uninsulting) questions about this stuff. Are you going to answer them?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 14:50
Totally agree, I was quite wrong.

What it is, is that I'm not young, not well, and fear for the future for my kids and grandson. The chances of their not suffering, badly, have been eroded by the selfishness of the US Administration and it's supporters over the past 8 years. That's a fact. Maybe they would have anyway but the Tinky attitude times many millions HAS increased the chances. It shouldn't have happened. To hear the same selfishness STILL being spouted is hard.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 14:54
I think Tinky is brave to come here and express a point of view that's very much contrary to the norm in this forum. I think also s/he has voiced an attitude that is very common.

Perhaps if we'd approached tinky differently, we would have a chance of actually changing one mind.

Probably not, mind. I find tinky's choice of arguing with Dave instead of debating with merrick illuminating. But there you go. In a way, we're up against millions of tinkies.

What an image huh?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 16:02
PMM wrote:
I think Tinky is brave to come here and express a point of view that's very much contrary to the norm in this forum. I think also s/he has voiced an attitude that is very common.

Perhaps if we'd approached tinky differently, we would have a chance of actually changing one mind.

Probably not, mind. I find tinky's choice of arguing with Dave instead of debating with merrick illuminating. But there you go. In a way, we're up against millions of tinkies.

What an image huh?

I'd love it if Tinky had some coherent and logically arrived at argument, I really do, to support his support of military-industrial power in the service of overfed, undereducated, smug America. It's no challenge when one's opponent merely expresses a very selfish, me-first rationale for such massive crimes against the world and its people.

Yes, there are millions of Tinkys out there, voting for the chest-thumpers, afraid of 'foreigners', in deep denial that their unrealistically flush way of life is unsustainable and harmful to billions of other human beings. It's even harmful to them personally, in the long run, and will be a huge burden on their kids. This is the biggest frustration for me... all those fucking idiot voters who decade after decade vote against their own economic interests to support assholes who use 'social issues' (guns, abortion, gays) to win votes.

Hopefully, the fuckers won't be dropping bombs on Iran before the election. I wouldn't put it past 'em, just to fuck up the process and keep the helm.

I don't know if it's really possible to change the Tinkys minds with logical arguments. The only thing that can really make a difference is if the system that delivers for them suffers collapse under the weight of its own corrupt and unsustainable nature. Which may be very soon.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 16:05
Well I'm sick of having to eat crow from the so-called "silent majority" so I'm voting Obama and not-looking-back. If the country falls apart it'll obviously be Bush's fault and not Obama's anyways...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Jul 14, 2008, 16:09
Jul 14, 2008, 16:08
Believe me HoD. The collapse WILL happen!
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 16:27
Lawrence wrote:
Well I'm sick of having to eat crow from the so-called "silent majority" so I'm voting Obama and not-looking-back. If the country falls apart it'll obviously be Bush's fault and not Obama's anyways...

It's not really Bush's fault so much as it's the fault of all the thick bastards who voted for him. If we don't elect chowderheads, it minimizes their chances to fuck things up.

And yes, I agree with you. For decades, the left has endured a constant barrage of misinformation, slander, and hostility from the right wing. FUCK THEM. I'm sick to death of hearing their bullshit and their smug assertions of being right when they're wrong.

That's why when a Tinky starts defending unfettered and immoral US foreign policy I'm admittedly not in the mood to give their position much creedence.
ron
ron
706 posts

Jul 14, 2008, 23:56
the rite reverend jacks'n apologized cuz tha's wot ur supposed to deux when one makes such an inappropriate comment... and i imagine that he will be making his mea culpa for quite some time... regrettably the tragedy iz that he, along with other notables shirley , barbara , andrew , etc… awl paved a portion of the path senator obama now travels…itz a shame that he allowed his emotions to blind him to his own contribution…

Deepinder Cheema wrote:
I think the USA… should effect a domestic firearms ban like we have in the UK…

yeah… well I think that the uk should have a better plumbing system… long flush/short flush??? wtf’ s’up with that… besides I jus drug that dadgum 700 pound fireproof gunsafe from one end o’ del la casa ronaldo to the other, an’ I ain’ta bout ta drag it back out… never know when it may come in handy dandy...

x
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 04:53
The idea of dropping bombs on Iran before the election scares the shit out of me.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index