Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 12, 2008, 20:38
tinky10675 wrote:
So funny how you "liberal leftists" are so open to things unless they contradict your narrow point of view.I live in America and have a right to say Obama is worthless hunk o shit if I want to.And by the way you don't own the internet or this site mother fucker.

Do the rest of the world a favour and fuck off, dickhead.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2008, 20:46
Jul 12, 2008, 20:45
tinky10675 wrote:
handofdave wrote:
Don't forget your Klan hood.

How dare you even try pulling the race card on me mother fucker. I never mentioned race in my comment at all.The fact that you bring race into the issue only points out your own racist leanings. Handofdave I must tell you sir, You're a complete and utter fool and a waste of space here go away this isnt a site for you to judge others its a site for open exchange of views and sorry if mine dont sync with yours.Thats only because yours are Daft and outrageous from the get go. STUPID STUPID excuse for am Human.

Fuck off faster. Dave is a top man, you slag!
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 12, 2008, 20:59
Tinky, please can you rein in the insults.

If someone says something out of line then you're right to pick them up on it.

If it's seemingly bad but still ambiguous (Dave's comment *might* be perceived as some sort of joke, but it can also clearly be perceived as deeply offensive), then ask for a clarification.

Pointing out that you never mentioned race makes things clearer and puts your side in a stronger position. Calling him, or anyone, names isn't going to make anything any better, and only serves to lower the tone of the forum and discourage other people from making a positive contribution for fear of being insulted.

Had you stuck to picking him up on the Klansman thing you might have been moving towards an explanation or an apology. By tagging on a bunch of personal insults, you open it up to insults in his defence and so lessen the chance of any explanation or apology.

That stuff applies equally to what you've said, Sir John. If you think Dave is worth defending, then do it; say why you think he and what he's said are worthy. Retaliating with name calling isn't defending anyone, it just makes the forum into a playground slanging match which isn't any good for any of us.

You're both smarter than that.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Jul 12, 2008, 21:59
Jul 12, 2008, 21:53
I just love those flame wars. (I'm being sarcastic of course.) I'm kinda staying out of this -- already got myself in trouble when that Christopher Hitchens wannabee used to post here years ago...
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Jul 12, 2008, 22:34
Since Obama threw in his lot with the Bush oligarchy on the FISA bill the few left-leaning Americans i know who actually backed him have now backed away from him. The fact that he can change his tune so utterly on something so deeply linked to the 'Old order' doesn't bode well but is no great surprise - after all is said and done, he's a mainstream politician and part of the dyadic stranglehold.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 12, 2008, 23:38
fauny fergus wrote:
Since Obama threw in his lot with the Bush oligarchy on the FISA bill the few left-leaning Americans i know who actually backed him have now backed away from him. The fact that he can change his tune so utterly on something so deeply linked to the 'Old order' doesn't bode well but is no great surprise - after all is said and done, he's a mainstream politician and part of the dyadic stranglehold.

Well said! Funny how you can Assume someone to be racist not for liking someone who happens to be black (HandofDave) My dislike for the man has nothing to do with his race but his politics (or lack thereof) so it looks like getting to the point the charade that Obama has been running is finally becoming apparent even to those who at one time supported him.Not that mc cain will do much better but Obama? C'mon man...Open your freaking eyes
Five
Five
960 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 00:53
sorry for goin off - I'm culturally illiterate!
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jul 13, 2008, 04:21
Here are the 28 Senators who voted against the final FISA bill:

Akaka, Biden, Bingaman, Boxer, Brown, Byrd, Cantwell, Cardin, Clinton, Dodd, Dorgan, Durbin, Feingold, Harkin, Kerry, Klobuchar, Lautenburg, Leahy, Levin, Menendez, Murray, Reed, Reid, Sanders, Schumer, Stabenow, Tester, Wyden.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 09:20
Jul 13, 2008, 06:41
People are calling Obama on policy, because he seems to be moving swiftly rightwards on many issues (of which FISA is just the latest)

And some people are saying there's little to choose between the two mainstream parties.

Trouble is, poeple seem to have a football fan mentality to politics. In my city (sort of) the Liverpool fans hate Everton and the Everton fans hate Liverpool. Yet they're both virtually identical to someone from Birmingham or London. The distinctions are irrelevent. Yet you can get your face smashed in for wearing the wrong colour. I feel it too. I want Liverpool to win the premiership, even though I don't suport them. I just don't want those fuckers from Chelsea to win. Utterly irrelevent, of course. Both big businesses. I don't feel the same attachment to my bank. I don't need to say Lloyds TSB are great but Barclays are rubbish.

And so it is with politics. It's meant to be that way too. They pull the same emotional strings quite deliberately.

In 4 or 8 years time, millions of Americans will vote Republican because they feel let down and betrayed by the Democrats. In 8 or 12 or 16 years time they will vote Democrat for the same reason. And so the great wheel rolls on...

Anyway, the Klan reference was cheap. I'm not surprised tinky was angered by it. I wonder if you'll be big enough to apologise.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 13:24
Jul 13, 2008, 13:01
Your dislike for Obama has a lot more going on than politics, Tinky, when you joke about holding him down while someone else pulls his testicles off. You are no doubt aware that black men for centuries were castrated just for being black. I found this attempt at humor maliciously insensitive and suspect. Hence the Klan comment. Perhaps I was overreaching? Maybe not.

I think you're a bad actor. You say you are a green party member. I say your support for McCain pretty much blows whatever claims you make for being environmentally concerned. Your unsubtle boasts of affluence along with your obsession with the USA 'not looking like a pussy' would lead me to believe that you are primarily concerned with keeping a status quo that serves your self-centered economic interests.

All evidence points towards you being a hypocrite. I think you feign being progressive while harboring a right-leaning core of belief. Hell, you even come out and bitch about 'liberal lefties', so perhaps you aren't even trying to hide your true colors.

If you say you think a candidate who promises to occupy Iraq for a century is a better choice, don't complain when you get flak for it. You asked for it.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index