Alcohol

65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: Alcohol
Jan 16, 2009, 14:17
Vybik Jon wrote:

Which is why it causes as much damage as it does and why it gets a battering on here that other drugs don't.

Ain't that a bit disingenious? Tell the mum/dad of the son who dies in a gutter through a heroin overdose we shouldn't be 'as concerned' coz the numbers are lower than those whoe end up there through booze. Remember, much of the drinking population are sort of 'over the age' of being interested in taking drugs anyway, or they just don't choose to. I've certainly grown out of it.

Vybik Jon wrote:

I appreciate that that you enjoy it and can handle it, but it is a vile drug when misused.

Absolutely. Just like any other.

Vybik Jon wrote:

That said, I am of the opinion that it would impossible to get rid of. It's a major part of the history and heritage of these islands.

We should not ever get rid of alcohol. We should get rid of the 'stupid' drinking culture that's popped up over the past twenty years or so. I've mentioned earlier where I think the problems lie. Some people succumb to the chocolate cake and die but even more will eat it as a little indulgence. For the same reason it'd be terribly unfair to ban the cholocolate cake methinks:-)

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index